Hello from the Midwest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max01red

Reaction score
Cool site, I just bought the bike I've wanted since the first time I saw one in a magazine......In fact I had a picture of the 85 Vmax hanging on my wall when they first came out.....but I got into the sports bike thing for a long time and didn't get around to buying a Max untill now...

I just bought a 2001 it only has 3600 miles on it and has had a lot of "bling" mods done to it....

Themaxpic1.jpg

mods done so far

-Fire Red 1995 Skins (mint)
-Chrome Wheels ("500" miles)
-New Metzlers, "500" miles (170 rear)
-Chrome Scoops
-Chrome Side Covers
-Chrome Shift Levers
-Chrome Resivor Caps (Vmax is engraved)
-Chrome Factory "Sissy Bar"
-Chrome/aftermarket Grips
-Chrome Engine Guards
-Chrome Kuryakyn Pegs Front & Rear
-Polished Kerker Slip Ons
-Factory Tinted Mini Shield
-Raptor Shift Light
-Kisan Headlight Modulator
-Brake Light Modulator (LED bar on plate)
-Marker Lights on Radiator Cover Wired as Signals
-Air Horn (Compact unit, not the trumpet style)
-K&N Air Filter

looking foward to talking to you guys and learning all I can.....

Hello, Welcome to the forum you wont find a better place online, hope to see more pic's bike is a beauty!

VERY SWEET looking bike you got!
now you can make us all cry with the price tag.....lol
Did you get a sweet deal?
I bought my 85 for 2,700.00.
Awesome shape!

clintard said:
Hello, Welcome to the forum you wont find a better place online, hope to see more pic's bike is a beauty!

thanks for the welcomes everyone....I really like the layout of this site, and it seems like you have a great bunch of members...

here are some more picsof my bike..

http://www.badmustangsclub.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=533

they are on a Mustang I run with some friends of mine....

Does the mini screen make much difference in the amount of wind that hits the rider?

Absolutely. Of course, not as much as full windscreen.

I too think so.
I had alot of people telling me that I'd have more wind on my face unless I got into the tank (laid down)
But I feel it kinda direct some of it to the left and right.... you can see the way it was designed.
I love it....wouldnt get rid of it for anything....plus.....looks awesome too!
Randy

hello Liberty Max. I am in Chillicothe Missouri just joined today, actually just found this today. Nice bike. Do you know of any vmax gatherings in our area coming this spring? if so let me know Ill try to hook up.

BIGMO said:
hello Liberty Max. I am in Chillicothe Missouri just joined today, actually just found this today. Nice bike. Do you know of any vmax gatherings in our area coming this spring? if so let me know Ill try to hook up.

Cool, I know where Chillicothe is...its not to far from me...I just got my bike and I'm hoping to find some Vmax gatherings this spring as well I'll keep you updated if I find any...

Max?
Are the wheels chromed or are they polished aluminum?

I too fell in Love with the Max in 85 when it first came out. And 21 years later I own my first one. I still have the picture I clipped out of a magazine back in 85, still hanging on my bulletin board.

82ndCowboy said:
Max?
Are the wheels chromed or are they polished aluminum?

I too fell in Love with the Max in 85 when it first came out. And 21 years later I own my first one. I still have the picture I clipped out of a magazine back in 85, still hanging on my bulletin board.

They are chrome...I wish I still had the poster from 85..

Your Max looks sweet. I want my rims chromed. It's on my lenthy to do list. LOL!

I don't have an actual poster, that would be nice. I don't remember what mag it was in , but they had an ad for the VMax, I cut it out and hung it on my buletin board. And to this day there it hangs.

Latest posts

Back