Hello! New guy question....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDrewGuy

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

So this is my first post here, and it comes as I do the first fluid change of my 2020 VMax. Simple question I hope, because searching in the forum for about 40 min couldn't answer it. When changing the final gear oil, the manual states .32 qt. I accidently put in .5qt. Is this going to cause problems, or damage to the drive? I have seen some people post they fill it overflows, and that doesn't seem right to me at all!

Anywhoo, There is a wealth of knowledge here on this bike! I have been riding Yamaha for 20 years, and finally decided it was time to buy the KING! Never taken a single bike of mine to the shop for anything, because there are so many good people out there that share knowledge. Hoping I can do the same here!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Drew

Afternoon all,

So this is my first post here, and it comes as I do the first fluid change of my 2020 VMax. Simple question I hope, because searching in the forum for about 40 min couldn't answer it. When changing the final gear oil, the manual states .32 qt. I accidently put in .5qt. Is this going to cause problems, or damage to the drive? I have seen some people post they fill it overflows, and that doesn't seem right to me at all!

Anywhoo, There is a wealth of knowledge here on this bike! I have been riding Yamaha for 20 years, and finally decided it was time to buy the KING! Never taken a single bike of mine to the shop for anything, because there are so many good people out there that share knowledge. Hoping I can do the same here!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Drew

Congrats Drew you bought a GREAT bike! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine.

I would definitely remove the excess oil or it will most likely make a mess on the drive pumpkin and wheel after it gets good and hot and exits the vent.

It's an easy fix though ........you just need to stand the bike upright on a level surface (good to have a pit stand or a friend to help) and then you remove the "check bolt". If it's overfilled the oil will flow, when it slows to a dribble....put the bolt back in and you're done.

Easy Peasy!

rear oil.png

Congrats Drew you bought a GREAT bike! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine.

I would definitely remove the excess oil or it will most likely make a mess on the drive pumpkin and wheel after it gets good and hot and exits the vent.

It's an easy fix though ........you just need to stand the bike upright on a level surface (good to have a pit stand or a friend to help) and then you remove the "check bolt". If it's overfilled the oil will flow, when it slows to a dribble....put the bolt back in and you're done.

Easy Peasy!

View attachment 72156

Awesome man! Thank you so much for this. Seriously appreciated!

Back