Hello VMAX Forum!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopesdl

Reaction score
Well, I have actually been a member for years, however I was in the military and the good ol 97' VMAX project had to wait. After 29 years....I retired this year and now....I have time!!!! Does anyone know if Sean Morley is still providing his amazing services and selling product? I'm going to try and take pictures of my progress and post along the way. I just move here to Fresno, CA after living in Hawaii the last 16 years. Not sure if there are any VMAX events out on the west coast, but it would be fun to do something after my project is done. I'm sure I will be asking a lot of dumb questions in the near future...lol.

Welcome back, thanks for your service. Sean is still active on here and providing goods and services for our Max's as well as a few others. Email him, he will get back.

Hi welcome back and thank you for your service! I had a 97 at one time and I’m pretty sure it’s the fastest color, lol. Good luck with your project and remember there’s no such thing as a dumb question. Ask away, these guys are great and pretty much can answer any questions you have.

Hey again. This is the same guy who posted the original post here. I FINALLY got my original account back and need to delete the others I have created trying to get back in here. How do you delete an account??

Hey again. This is the same guy who posted the original post here. I FINALLY got my original account back and need to delete the others I have created trying to get back in here. How do you delete an account??
I believe you will have to pm @Admin

OK SO GOT A 85 MAX BEEN IN STORAGE 2-3 YRS SO BOUGHT NEW BATTERY PUT CHOKE DOWN SHOT CARBS WITH SOME CLEANER AND BOOM SHE STARTED ON 3RD TRY SMOKE THREW EXHAUST I FIGURED BUT SMOKE FROM UNDER CARBS ? IS THAT FROM SPARYING THEM ? I DIDNT LET RUN LONG 30 SECS WHATS MY NXT MOVE THK YOU TEAM

Welcome back! Congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service.

OK SO GOT A 85 MAX BEEN IN STORAGE 2-3 YRS SO BOUGHT NEW BATTERY PUT CHOKE DOWN SHOT CARBS WITH SOME CLEANER AND BOOM SHE STARTED ON 3RD TRY SMOKE THREW EXHAUST I FIGURED BUT SMOKE FROM UNDER CARBS ? IS THAT FROM SPARYING THEM ? I DIDNT LET RUN LONG 30 SECS WHATS MY NXT MOVE THK YOU TEAM
Rings could be gummy, a few heat/cool cycles could get them un-stuck. I wouldn't rev it much like that. The valve seals could be rotten too at 37 years old. What do you know about it? Was it put up w/drained carbs? What does the inside of the gas tank look like? Shiny bare metal, or rusty/gummy? I assume you swapped-out the gas filter? One of the proper size is avail. at your local chain store for auto parts. Either take yours for comparison, or take a cellphone pic and measure the filter so you'll have an idea of what to buy.

Smoke from under carbs, if it started immediately upon running, what sort of volume of smoke was it? If the engine needed to get hot before the smoke under carbs started, I'd suspect a leaking valve cover gasket, w/oil pooling on the top of the engine, and then burning off when the engine got hot.

Last edited:
WOW AWESOME INFO THK YOU ! THE ENGINE REALLY HAD NO TIME TO GET HOT , AND TANK IS NOT NEW AND SHINNY IT LOOKS 37 YRS OLD I AM GONNA DUMP TANK AND DO HAVE NEW GAS FILTER BUT NOT PUTTING ON TILL I CLEAN OUT I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF IT WOULD KICK OVER !
Oh, and check the fuel filter. If all goes well in the short ride take it for a longer ride!!
YES AWESOME HAVE TO FIX CLUTCH CABLE FIRST BUT THK YOU

Latest posts

Back