Helmet Upholstery and painting service

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a outfit that can reupholster and repaint a helmet?

Yes I know the Styrofoam core of helmets loose their effectiveness to absorb impact over time. But this helmet has sentimental value.

Thanks

If it's that old then I'm guessing the pads don't remove like the newer ones right?

We can paint them I am sure but not sure on the recover of the interior?? If it's fancy paint (like some of the current graphics then we can't do that).

Sean

If it's that old and has sentimental value you should consider mounting it on a Styrofoam head and put it some where you can see it every day and buy a modern safer helmet.

If it's that old and has sentimental value you should consider mounting it on a Styrofoam head and put it some where you can see it every day and buy a modern safer helmet.
Dude... You are reading my mind lol! Thats the same thing I thought when I read that...

Yup. Iv got a newer helmet but I rarely use it riding around town.

Keep in mind alot of people will not touch it due to liability on playing with the padding. I used to have a Simpson Bandit that I wore when I was racing many years ago. It ended up getting replaced, with a KBC , after I did the same thing you are by looking to have it refinished.

+1 on wall trophy

Attachments

• Helmet Cam.jpg
    Helmet Cam.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 6
  • KBC1.jpg
    KBC1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 5
Back