Helmet Wind Noise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I HAVE ALWAY'S HAD RICE ROCKETT'S, GSXR1100-ZX1100- & HAVE DONE A LOT OF RIDING !!! SINCE I'VE BOUGHT MY V-MAX LAST YEAR, I GUESS BECAUSE EVEN WITH DRAG BARS,I'M ONLY SLIGHTLY LEANING FORWARD, I GET A LOT OF WIND NOISE IN MY HELMET !!!! I HAVE A $500.00 SHOEI HELMET, & IT FIT'S ME GREAT,THE NOISE SEAMS TO BE COMING UP THROUGH THE BOTTOM, IF I LIFT MY SHOULDERS,IT QUIETS DOWN, I'M JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS NOTICED THIS PROBLEM WHILE RIDING DIFFERENT MOTORCYCLES WITH DIFFERENT RIDING POSIOTIONS, AND IF SO , WHAT IF ANYTHING CAN BE DONE TO THE HELMET ???

I HAVE ALWAY'S HAD RICE ROCKETT'S, GSXR1100-ZX1100- & HAVE DONE A LOT OF RIDING !!! SINCE I'VE BOUGHT MY V-MAX LAST YEAR, I GUESS BECAUSE EVEN WITH DRAG BARS,I'M ONLY SLIGHTLY LEANING FORWARD, I GET A LOT OF WIND NOISE IN MY HELMET !!!! I HAVE A $500.00 SHOEI HELMET, & IT FIT'S ME GREAT,THE NOISE SEAMS TO BE COMING UP THROUGH THE BOTTOM, IF I LIFT MY SHOULDERS,IT QUIETS DOWN, I'M JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS NOTICED THIS PROBLEM WHILE RIDING DIFFERENT MOTORCYCLES WITH DIFFERENT RIDING POSIOTIONS, AND IF SO , WHAT IF ANYTHING CAN BE DONE TO THE HELMET ???

I found these work well, I've used them while snomachining, and street riding.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...d=401&productId=p351051&leafCatId=40102&mmyId=

Man I'm Glad I Joined This Forum !! I Thought I Was Loosing My Mind !!! My Shoei Is So Noisy It's Like Not Wearing A Helmet & Gluing Scoop's Onto Your Ear's !! Hey Kj, I Just Ordered One , If Nothing Else, This Forum Is Making Me Go Broke !! Ha,ha, !!! THANK'S FOR THE INFO,

Man I'm Glad I Joined This Forum !! I Thought I Was Loosing My Mind !!! My Shoei Is So Noisy It's Like Not Wearing A Helmet & Gluing Scoop's Onto Your Ear's !! Hey Kj, I Just Ordered One , If Nothing Else, This Forum Is Making Me Go Broke !! Ha,ha, !!! THANK'S FOR THE INFO,

LOL, I hear that! I originally planned on keeping my bike factory, but now, a 170 tire, T-boost, bellypans, pipes. There seems to be a black hole in my wallet.

I think you'll like the helmet addition though, it does keep out wind noise well. I've been over 110mph on the river on my skidoo and no wind was getting in.

Put it on my street helmet and it worked wonders there too.

Great accessory KJ. I've bookmarked it for later on.

I have the same wind noise with my shoei. It's the noisiest helmet I've ever had.

You would think with all that wind whizzing around the visor would never fog up but it still does :confused2:

Its a great add on, I got on for an ex. cept she was on the claustrophobic side and wasn't fond of her helmet, She didn't like having the piece "sealing" her in as she put it.

I Thought Those Thing's Were Fire Proof, Because The Only Time I Saw Them Was Watching All The Top Fuel Drag Racer's, I've Never Seen Them Anywere Else !!!!

My shoei was doing the same thing.Its time for a new visor or a whole new helmet.My new Icon mainframe is quiet as could be.

New helmets are alot cheaper from U/motors with our discount. $179 for a new mainframe, not $300 something.

I Thought Those Thing's Were Fire Proof, Because The Only Time I Saw Them Was Watching All The Top Fuel Drag Racer's, I've Never Seen Them Anywere Else !!!!

Thats the nomax hood. These things, fit in the ridge of the bottom of your helmet, the front has a velcro flap that flips open to get your lid on.

mine had down the middle that zipped up.

50 bucks !!!! :ummm: damn it looks like a great idea. I think I will pull out an old turtle neck and thread and hand it to my gf with this picture and let her have 25 mins and Woooo Lahhhh I now have a DK helmet sleeve for under 5 bucks I HATE DK RIP OFF!!:clapping:

The price is in the material, not the manufacturing. Here is another source:
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/motorcycleaccessorywarehouse/Detail?no=320508

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-7523/Noj/Quiet-Rider-Deluxe.html?mv_pc=GBProducts

HEY SHAWN , THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS ; MY HELMET IS 10 YEARS OLD, BUT I HAD ONLY WORN IT LIKE 5 TIMES, STOCK CAR RACING, I HAD WON A COUPLE OF RACES WITH IT, ONE OF WHICH WAS THE "BUDWEISER CLASSIC" A 50 LAP RACE, A BIG RACE !!! SO IT'S SENTIMENTAL TO ME !! A SIDE FROM THE COST !! SO I REALY DON'T WAN'T TO PUT IT BACK IN THE HELMET BAG FOR ANOTHER 10 YEAR'S, BUT I CAN'T LIVE WITH THE WIND NOISE !!!

There is another version out there I believe its call the windjammer or somthing like that.

it basically goes over the bottom of your helmet making the hole smaller. Never used it though.

HEY SHAWN , THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS ; MY HELMET IS 10 YEARS OLD, BUT I HAD ONLY WORN IT LIKE 5 TIMES, STOCK CAR RACING, I HAD WON A COUPLE OF RACES WITH IT, ONE OF WHICH WAS THE "BUDWEISER CLASSIC" A 50 LAP RACE, A BIG RACE !!! SO IT'S SENTIMENTAL TO ME !! A SIDE FROM THE COST !! SO I REALY DON'T WAN'T TO PUT IT BACK IN THE HELMET BAG FOR ANOTHER 10 YEAR'S, BUT I CAN'T LIVE WITH THE WIND NOISE !!!
Contact them,They could still have some replacements somewhere.

only wind noise was when i ran a wind shiels..took it off no noise at all

Hey Tim,

I wear ear plugs on all my bikes. Don't knock it till ya try it. I think you will find you love it. I can hear better with them and when I get older I won't have to say 'eh? all the time... lol:biglaugh:

SHAWN I ORDERED 3 NEW SMOKED FACE SHEILDS, SO I COULD KEEP THIS HELMET FOREVER, & THEY WERE NOT CHEAP !!! THE INTIRE HELMET IN LIKE NEW, IT HAD NEVER SEEN THE SUN UNTIL 2800 MILES AGO, I ORDERED THAT THING KJ WAS TALKING ABOUT !! I'LL LET YOU GUY'S KNOW IF IT WOKS !!! IN 2 MONTHS WHEN IT'S WARM ENOUGH TO RIDE AGAIN !!!

I FINALLY INSTALLED THE " QUITE RIDER " ON THE BOTTOM OF MY HELMET ! RODE ABOUT 50 MILES , MAN IT WORKS GREAT ! NOISE IS DOWN AT LEAST 50% , IT MAKES IT HARDER TO PUT THE HELMET ON , AND WILL TAKE SOME TIME GETTING USED TO , BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY ! THANK'S EVERYONE FOR THE INFO ! :punk:

Back