helmets help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a LEO sent me these pics :ummm:

Attachments

• FwdTheco (1).jpg
    FwdTheco (1).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 78
  • FwdTheco (2).jpg
    FwdTheco (2).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 77
  • FwdTheco (3).jpg
    FwdTheco (3).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 83
  • FwdTheco (4).jpg
    FwdTheco (4).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 74
  • FwdTheco.jpg
    FwdTheco.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 79
You know, I read the other post about the SUV and it made me think of those shots here. They have been on the 'net for awhile, I cannot recall the exact time I saw them but it's been awhile. Yeah, that's one unlucky biker w/poor bike-handling skills, probably not an experienced rider, because that type of accident probably wouldn't happen to most experienced riders. I forget the exact course of events that lead to this, but looks to me like he tried to pass the truck at a much-higher rate of speed, and maybe the truck changed lanes as he got close, or he tried to execute a high-speed weave around the truck and got it about 3 ft. in the wrong direction.

he died. was going double or triple the speed of the truck.

Well the fool was speeding and I bet he was cutting in and out of traffic, and he cut that one just a little too close or the truck had to slow down and he did not figurer on that.

I drive a two car carrier or flat bed roll back type truck time to time. I was on my way up to Ft. Wayne from Louisville this morning. I was in the far left lane of three lanes running around 10 over posted limit, I see this single headlight gaining on me very fast. There is a car in the middle lane and semi in far right lane. As soon as the bike as enough room, less than 7 feet he cuts in front of the car speeds around me flips me off then gives me the thumbs down. If I would have tapped the brakes the edge of my bed is less than 1/8 inch thin steel and 6000 pd wheel lift. The fool did not understand than first get flipped off his bike by hitting the wheel lift, then cut in half by the bed of the truck which has a 21 foot steel bed. I do not think in the game of bike vs's the ass end of anything has a no good out come. I wish he could see these photo's, but I also bet he say I am a better driver than that.

yikes... look at the steel on the trailers rear end. he was moving. i heard a story once that said, as much as helmets are law and are tested to help. they ultimately are there so that you can be identified just in case.... pretty sombre thought.

peace,
evan...

Was must have bin speeding! He even forgot his boots to put on?

But sad enough anyway! What do you think of the truck driver when he found out!!

This was several years ago. The truck driver didn't know he had been hit and dragged the rider for a ways until other drivers notified him. The riders boots were ground/pulled off due to the dragging. Very sad....

lot of times you can not feel when you get hit while moving in a semi and if he was pulling doubles ( you can see the hook ups on the trailer ) he would have not felt the hit and if that was a double set up the last wagon wiggles a bit even when going straight. It is call the 'WHIP' effect, triples are even worst with wiggles.

Latest posts

Back