Helmets..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the only site that has the FS-15 Copper Carbon for sale? I love the looks of that as it matches the new paint on my MAX.
It's the only site that I found the $299.99 + free shipping for it. I have a large noggin and I typically need a 3xl helmet so I am going to try a Vemar VTXE in Gloss black and maybe have some design air brushed on it. Web Bike World did a review on it and they seemed to like it.

Doh, sorry, that is the wrong link, that's to the reg carbon helmet. I didn't really look for the different colors of carbon fiber helmets, as it is just a little out of my price range at around $416. I really wanted a carbon fiber helmet but since I don't have a dealer around here to try one on I just kept on looking.

Just picked up a Shoei RF 1000 Nerve at a garage sale for 10 bucks !!!! SWEEEET !!! I know you shouldn't buy a used helmet, but I swear this thing has never been worn. The ventilation is better than my HJC Cyclone which I thought was "All That" until I tried on the Shoei. I guess the high dollar helmets can be worth it - this is the first I've ever tried on & I love it.

Just got Bell's new Star helmet.Has best air flow of any helmet I've owned.Awesme helmet w/a lot of high end features.MotorcycleCloseouts has it on sale for $199.Reg.price is about $550.I like it better than my Nolan N-102 or my Scorpion EXO 700.

I've always been a Shoei guy. They work well for me. Been waiting to get some extra dinero for a flip-up though.

I have several helmets. HJC Sy-max,Caberg trip,a HJC 3/4 helmet and just ordered a new Shark evoline. Waiting for delivery on this one to see how it works. The Sy-max is a good helmet but seems big on outside, lose a little visibilty to tach easy. The Caberg trip cool helmet in winter but bad ventalation.

Well I finally purchased my Vemar VTXE 3xl helmet for $200 from Motorcycle Superstore.
Pros: The helmet is very nicely finished and fits very well once all the way on. It is very comfortable.
The visors pops on and off in seconds. It also is very tough to fog up due to the anti fog coating. You get 2 visors with the helmet, clear and dark tinted.
It has great airflow that you can feel flowing over your face.
It also is very quiet due to the tight fitting at the bottom of the helmet and the chin curtain.
5 year warranty!
Cons: The helmet is very tight fitting when putting on or taking off. It rubs your ear while doing so until you learn the trick to make that smoother.
Visors are $60 to replace.
Overall: I'd give it a 9 out of 10 with the tight fitting being my biggest complaint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7pvtNg_FAs

Currently riding under an HJC IS-16 in the Matte Black finish. Looks like a bowling ball, well ventilated, very comfortable and the internal sun visor is awesome. Anyone use the Bluetooth com units available? looking for a way to keep the old lady busy with the cell phone or MP3 player while I ride.

Well I finally purchased my Vemar VTXE 3xl helmet for $200 from Motorcycle Superstore.

a 3XL????
either you got a big fro or a huge head.....lol
just raggin on ya!
I'm looking for a helmet that has A LOT less noise and drag on the head....how quiet is it?

a 3XL????
either you got a big fro or a huge head.....lol
just raggin on ya!
I'm looking for a helmet that has A LOT less noise and drag on the head....how quiet is it?
Well, I do have a rather large brain, so that pretty much covers 2xl of the 3xl size!:eusa_dance:
Thw Vemar is VERY quiet. If you don't run a windshield it would be whisper quiet as there is very little wind noise. I normally wear ear plugs but I only wear them now when I am going to riding a lot of long non stop riding at highway speeds. Otherwise the helmet is quiet enough for around town.
The tight fitting problem has lessened now so that it's not a real problem now.

Back