Helmets..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Ok, for those that wear helmets....

What kind of helmet do you where?
I am thinking about buying a new helmet. I have 1 beanie DOT approved, Beanine fiberglass Novelity DOT Rated Sticker, a Nolan, Simpson and an HJC.
Also looking for a helmet for my girlfriend who is very small boned so weight and safety are the factors here.

arai quantum 111 little pricey but... they say if you have a 10 dollar head buy a 10 dollar helmet

I am an Arai guy as it's hard to beat their quality. You DO pay for it though. Plus I have an Arai head...

BUT I do own a Scorpion Exo-700 and I will say that for the money it is one HELL of an awesome bucket.

They also make an Exo-400 and the new 1000 as well as some open face helmets.:thumbs up:

I have a Suomy Vandal. Very light weigh lid and very well ventilated. I also will be adding a MX style lid for the Supermoto.

Mike

I gave up my Z1R for a Scorpion EXO-700.
The prices should come down a little since the 1000 is out.

NEXLSPORTS half helmet - composite lid with kevlar and high density foam - very lite - weighs 22oz and DOt approved

Mike

I have an EXO1000 and LOVE it!!! Light and the pump to fit the cheek pieces is awesome. Also got to love the flip down fighter pilot sun shield.

I've been using the simpson super bandit.

Its limited to black or white, but its a great, light helmet.

Attachments

• HelmetCam.jpg
    HelmetCam.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Here is my new bucket....

Scorpion Exo-1000

helmetvw3.jpg

Have not ridden with it yet but I really love my old exo-700 so I am hoping this one will live up to it.

Got alot of neat features anyway............

Scorpion Exo-1000

helmetvw3.jpg

Hi Dan:
I have heard good things about this helmet. If you dont mind what did you (also who else has one of these helmets) how much did you have to give for it?
Thanks
Looks Good!:clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
the 1000 is about 300-350 bucks.
Add another fifteen for the air skirt and thirty for the tinted shield.

I wear a Fulmer modus flip up style helmet(3xl). It's the only one (flip up style) I could find that would fit my fat head. I see the Icon mainframe has come out in a 3xl this year so I may try it. I just need to get to a place that has some helmets on display. We have a honda and a Yanaha dealership near here and they have very limited stock. I have ordered 2 helmets online but had to return b/c they would not fit. Lucky I tried on the fulmer at the yamaha shop while waiting for some parts.

lankeeyankee,

I paid $263.00 at my local dealer. Everywhere online that I found them they were around $300 for the solid colors and $20 to $30 more for graphics. Went in to the dealer and just happened to hit them when they were having a 15% off sale :thumbs up:.

Quality is very good , fit and finish and construction make it one of the "best bang for the buck" lids IMHO.
Fits my head great. It is a little bulky because of the drop down sun visor and therefore is a bit heavier than most but does not seem too bad. Will give a full review after I get to ride with it for a few hundred miles.

Scorpion Exo-1000
Have not ridden with it yet but I really love my old exo-700 so I am hoping this one will live up to it.

Got alot of neat features anyway............

The only thing I've read about them was that they are a lot heavier than the competition. I agree as the 700 weighs a lot more than my Arai.

The 1000 is cool with its flip down sun visor but those cool toys do make them weigh more.

Looks good! Same color as my 700.

1984 Simpson Bandit, loved it ,but buffeted too much. The chines on top of the Outlaw work great. 130mph with a headwind no buffeting, but noisy as hell.

Attachments

• DSC01202.jpg
    DSC01202.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 32
I've heard one complaint on the 1000.
A buddy of mine on a SV650 didn't like the wind noise so he went back to the 700.

That's relative though, My 700 is silent compared to the Z1R, and the Nolan before it.

My Scorpion has more wind noise then the Arai. More vents usually mean more noise. As long as they don't whistle I am OK with it...:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back