Helmets?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nytrozula

Reaction score
What kind of helmets do some of you guys wear when riding the VMAX? Is the full face the helmet of choice? I got away from wearing the helmet for some reason and convinced myself I would put it back on this year. The full face is the most protective but also the hottest. Does a lid just look ridiculous with this bike?

I wear full face HJC for high speed or longer rides and a half helmet riding around town at low speeds.

What kind of helmets do some of you guys wear when riding the VMAX? Is the full face the helmet of choice? I got away from wearing the helmet for some reason and convinced myself I would put it back on this year. The full face is the most protective but also the hottest. Does a lid just look ridiculous with this bike?

You must be from St. Charles, MINN.....because St. Charles, MISSOURI would require you to wear a bleeping helmet.. lol

I wear a modular helmet when Vmax'ing (or Honda'ing) around here in MO, and other parts beyond. That way I can flip it up at slower speeds to allow a bit more air in when necessary, or to speak to another rider when stuck in traffic, etc...

This is the same color I were when on the Honda. I have a two tone grey one for riding Big Max. And sometimes, if just going to/from work, I'll don a half helmet if on Little Max.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HJC-IS-MAX-...m1a0ed21363:m:mpGec6Ft61ykyWqq5amPQSw&vxp=mtr

I wear an HJC Full face modular helmet that gives me full face on the highway, and half face for putting around.. (must put on glasses when putting).. a tiny gnat in the eye can Fuck U Up.. lol

Shoei qwest full face for me. I grew up ridding dirt bikes and always wearing a full face. Anything else just feels weird to me! Mine is a dark gray, no crazy graphics.

I grew up wearing a regular full helmet w/ full face shield for my dt250 but thereafter it has been full face helmets either a Bell, Shoei or a Vemar. I just picked up another Shoei, the model is the Qwest. I can't wait to try it out this spring.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost![emoji469]

I like my modular Shark Evoline, this is the Evoline III:
th
th

You can wear it at any speed you want either open or closed, open-face when you want it. Full-face protection when you need it. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...solid-colors?gclid=CO2kyryit8sCFRRgfgodq3wD5g

It's all about the look...
Simpson Outlaw Bandit with Iridium Windscreen.
I can play Whistlin' Dixie with the way it seals though. Lightest helmet I have ever had.
Had a Shoei Z100 and RF-102V and a Bell M2 which all sealed better, but weighed in a tonne more.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 28
Bell RS-1 for me in Matte black. I also have the transition shield which is great.

Attachments

• bell_rs-1_helmet_matte_black_detail_1_600.jpg
    bell_rs-1_helmet_matte_black_detail_1_600.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 14
The Shoei seems to be a very nice helmet but also very costly! I own a full face mask helmet(Scorpion EXO 500), but I have to admit that 90% of the time I don't wear it because it is so damn hot. It does not allow much air flow. I really want to make a better effort to wear it all of the time so I want to find something that not only protects but also provides enough air flow to keep the head cool. I'm not sure a lid would look all that "cool" on this bike. Are there any helmets that have built in speakers to connect to a Bluetooth device for music?

The Shoei seems to be a very nice helmet but also very costly! I own a full face mask helmet(Scorpion EXO 500), but I have to admit that 90% of the time I don't wear it because it is so damn hot. It does not allow much air flow. I really want to make a better effort to wear it all of the time so I want to find something that not only protects but also provides enough air flow to keep the head cool. I'm not sure a lid would look all that "cool" on this bike. Are there any helmets that have built in speakers to connect to a Bluetooth device for music?

http://www.motorcyclistlife.com/best-bluetooth-motorcycle-helmets/

I have the Schuberth c3pro modular. I believe it's the lightest quietest helmet on the market. They also have a Bluetooth system specifically for this helmet... By far the nicest most comfort lid I've ever had.... Very pricey though...

Back