Help! Did I put the morley jet kit air corrector in the wrong hole??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptnov

Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed Morley Jet kit and now it sucks at higher RPMS, I cant even get to 6000 RPM. I did this while i was cleaning my carbs and my new exhaust hasn't arrived yet, so it's still on stock exhaust.

The problem is i read CV carb tuning guide and it says if it doesn't pull well my main jet is to small, and I'm using stock PAJ1, PAJ2 and needles. The only thing that I installed where the Air corrector, vacuum hose and airbox.

So this leads me to think that i put the Air corrector wrong... I put it on the blue arrow, the one that lvlhead calls main air bleed. I read morleys instructions and it said the hole right next to PAJ1, which i tought was this one that the blue arrow points at :ummm:

shotgun10.jpg

Airbox AND faux tank cover need to be in place when test riding. They are in the correct locations. AND, if you're still running the stock mufflers/pipes you're engine is going to be constipated. Basically, it's got enough food to eat (air/fuel), but not a big enough butthole to shit it out (exhaust).

Airbox AND faux tank cover need to be in place when test riding. They are in the correct locations. AND, if you're still running the stock mufflers/pipes you're engine is going to be constipated. Basically, it's got enough food to eat (air/fuel), but not a big enough butthole to shit it out (exhaust).

Best analogy ever! :rofl_200:

:rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: So true. :clapping:

Hahaha well guess my engine is constipated then, I'm still waiting for the UFO exhaust i ordered 25th april. Tought i might rejet while i was pulling the carbs anyways, so that i don't have to do it again when they arrive.

Can i damage then engine while riding this thing now?

Hahaha well guess my engine is constipated then, I'm still waiting for the UFO exhaust i ordered 25th april. Tought i might rejet while i was pulling the carbs anyways, so that i don't have to do it again when they arrive.

Can i damage then engine while riding this thing now?
No, it might run like poop though!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Oh, wait, that's not really funny. I hope you get your exhaust soon!

Back