Help finding mirror part ...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2017VMax

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a replacement part. The clamp that goes around the handlebar, holding my left mirror has stripped threads and needs replaced. I have searched oem parts and the only thing that doesn't show in the parts break out is that clamp. I installed and aftermarket mirror and it appears I will need to also get a bolt with more threads to avoid this again. The bolt head is not a standard size. The bolt head circumference in smaller than a normal bolt. If anyone also has a part number for the bolt so I can order the next length up, it would be great.

Thank You

Can you post a photo of it?

You may be in luck s generally the right side has left hand thread, so chances are a standard metric bolt should fit.

On gen 1 they are M8 or M10.

If you can get the bolt in stainless steel, you could file the flats or machine the bolt to reduce the head size if you are unable to find the correct bolt.

Also if there is sufficient metal around the bolt hole, how about using a helicoil?

Actually, Heli coil is not a bad idea. Just walked outside and I duno if I was in denial or what, but it's the left clutch assy. that holds the mirror on. I just need the clamp part. I'm sure I'll never get that part without replacing the entire clutch :(
Thanks for the good idea tho. I think I can do the repair. Just need to get the bolt size and I'm off.

Attachments

• 20220612_150152.jpg
    20220612_150152.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220612_150145.jpg
    20220612_150145.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 17
Brake side = Holder 2 5YU-2639F-00-00 ***NOTE*** Has reverse (LH) threads!!! on this side
Clutch side = Holder 2S3-26393-00-00 Has normal (RH) threads on this side

I probably have used and I MIGHT have an aftermarket option.

I believe the factory bolt sizes are 10mm x 1.25 pitch

Back