Help for my 2004 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markkentgrant

Reaction score
Hi there all

new to the site and have a 2004 Model Vmax. I am in country Thailand with the bike. The bike after about 10 to 15 minutes suddenly starts to die and starts to loose power and then stops. the engine is running at normal temp. It has been doing this for a month now and the guys at the local bike shop cant fix it. Have changed plugs oil and cleaned out the tank.
I got some advise that it could be the tipover valve that is at the front of the fuel tank. Had anybody else got any ideas as i will have to get the parts sent from the US to Thailand any ideas or if this has happened to anybody else before woule love to hear back thanks in advance !!!

Cheers

Mark

Sounds like its starving for fuel. Bypass the valve and see what happens, I guess. Make sure the fuel pump is working correctly and the filter is clean.

Check the tank vent too. If after you run the bike you can remove the gas cap and get a woosh of air, it's blocked and needs to be cleared...

Hi guys tried both those tips and didn't help!!!!
does the fuel pump work all the time or just at the start to bring fuel to the carbs???
has anybody had an electrical faults that could be related to this problem????

Like Brian said and there is a separate fuel pump relay circuit to run the pump only when the bike is runnign. It's possible that the bike thinks the bike is no longer running and shuts the pump down and thus your float bowls going empty.

Back