Help identifying this bracket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks kinda homemade from
available bought parts. Nothing wrong with that.

Poke around on the Pingle site. They have all sorts of similar stuff.

Matching the handlebar ID 7/8" will be no problem. Matching the size needed to grasp the gauge fitting will be the hard part.

One option is to use a female-female pipe thread coupler of the size needed to couple the hose and gage together and simply weld that to a 7/8" clamp.

If you do that you'd want to tighten the gauge into the coupler and "index" it so when you weld the coupler to the clamp (Guage removed of course) it is in a spot where the gauge face is sitting pretty.

Looks similar to brackets I have seen at lowes in the pipe department.

Get yourself a pair of these(universal mirror mount). 3 bucks ebay? Join them together with a stud. Done:

efa1986a3b0bd2ff.jpg

It just popped into my head what it is. It's two split collars welded together.

It just popped into my head what it is. It's two split collars welded together.

Amecheng, you take take a small sheet 3 to 4" long bend to the way like drill hole a little bigger than 1.8" and set the oil gauge in use the braided line nut to tighten it in-place, Drill 2 holes in the other bent part of the sheet metal upper and lower hole take the wire tie and run it through around the handle bar.

The carbon sheet is what I'm to use to go over the sheet metal. The wire tie will be wide than the 1's in the picture... I did this on my kz1000 look cool to.

I'm do this on vmax to... Waiting for the fittings to came in.

I bought my fittings here - http://www.3sx.com

My gauge i bought off of amazon.com paid $16.00 for it.

Attachments

• P1030767.JPG
    P1030767.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Marshall Gauge 0-100 psi 1.5 Dia Liquid 1-8 npt Turned Fuel Pressure Gauge.JPG
    Marshall Gauge 0-100 psi 1.5 Dia Liquid 1-8 npt Turned Fuel Pressure Gauge.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the advice. I like the look of the split collars so I'm gonna order a couple and weld them together. Pretty easy.

I see $16.15 for the 7/8" and $16.96 for the 1" 303 SS for the pair, though I guess you are referring to them after welding-together as "1 clamp." If price is a big deal, go for one of the other materials, which should halve the cost, and allow you to 'paint-to-suit.' or powdercoat, anodize or whatever. People into sportbikes spend more than that for Poggopolini titanium doo-dads. I think the mirror adapters are the best 'cheap-shot.'

That Mc-C website is pretty-cool, I think I'll invest some time in there, thanks for the link.

All the stainless hardware on my bike is from Mcmaster. They ship from Atlanta and I always have stuff within two days. They have every hardware item in stock too. As far as the bracket, I'm gonna order them in steel, weld them, and paint it. Probably seems like a lot of work to most but I want it to match my existing oil pressure gauge and bracket from Cycle One Off.

Back