Help looking for a Vmax Mechanic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new to this forum, I bought a 95 totally custom drag bike in pieces and need help finding someone to go thru the PCW 1500 engine. It needs new crank bearings and. Looks like PCW is out of Business? Anyone know where or who I could talk to?Steve. 253-691-1551

If it spun a bearing you need a new block/crank. PCW is not out of business just took a few years off to get life straightened out and is very behind now.

For now, maybe.

But, recognizing that at the end of the day all that would be needed is serious, talented machine work, at some point repair will be needed, rather than just abandoning cases. (Although perhaps not cost-effective today, I suspect you already have the resources to make it happen.) Crank is another story.

Last edited:
Hello, I’m new to this forum, I bought a 95 totally custom drag bike in pieces and need help finding someone to go thru the PCW 1500 engine. It needs new crank bearings and. Looks like PCW is out of Business? Anyone know where or who I could talk to?Steve. 253-691-1551
If it spun a bearing you need a new block/crank. PCW is not out of business just took a few years off to get life straightened out and is very behind now.
Hi Sean
The front main crank bearing is not spun ,all look good on bottom half, just the the front is definitely showing wear. I have a 97 , all stock exept for Barnett clutch, carb work, and UFO exhaust. I bought this bike from original owner who built it up as a totally custom street legal cruiser/racer. I have all parts, gaskets , etc. and all receipts totaling over $25k!!!!?…Thought this would be a fun project to get running again, I live in Gig Harbor Wa. I have made numerous calls to find a Vmax guy, to no avail. Hoping to contact you for suggestions as to where to ship it off to have someone go thru it.

It would help to post where you were located so that you could potentially save on shipping costs.

Tacoma?
Hello, Thanks for the responses. I live in Gig Harbor ,Wa. I have called all around the area to find a Vmax guru to no avail. I tried all listed numbers and emails for PCW all go nowhere.So I assumed they are out of business. I replied to Sean’s post and explained all bearings look great except the front one is definitely showing wear. I have a 97 all stock except for Clutch, car work and UFO exhaust. I bought the 95 last fall for a winter project and am just recently trying to figure out what I got myself into. He was the original owner who built it up as a totally custom street legal drag racer . Only thing stock is literally the radiator. I have every receipt from when he bought it new, until about 8 yrs ago when he took it apart for a transmission repair. It’s a beautiful bike in the pics, and definitely needs to be put back together. I will post more pics soon. Steve

While we're on the topic, do you guys know of a good mechanic in the area of Sacramento CA? the shops around here won't work on Gen 1's.

yep, I'd git the heck outta here, but my family are here. Maybe one day; still need a knowledgeable person to check out my 1994.

Latest posts

Back