help...need a carb diaphram

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daves86vmax

Reaction score
does anyone have an extra carb diaphram lying around they could part with for a fair price?
thanks..Dave C.

Does any body know of a product that can be applied to the carb diaphrams to keep them flexable and keep them from cracking???

Lew

crisco would not harm anything in the fuel system if applied very thin or vasoline should do it.

I've always heard WD40 causes rubber products to expand, could be just a myth. But if I were going to use anything it would be Silicone spray lube.

I vote w/'alorio1.'

How about electrical grease? LPS, Permatex, and CRC all make it. That stuff is 'nice' to rubber.

Thanks guys,
Next time I'm in the carbs I'll try one of those items. But has anybody actually applied "something" to the carb diaphrams:ummm:

Lew

Good idea Rov!! It's already a petroleum product....nice & compatible! :punk:

If you were a copilot and they find vasoline in your flight bag then for sure you will be asked how hard you take it but as a mechanic on a plane, they know you are working on turbines and that its just another tool in your bag of tricks. yup mixes with petrol stuff real good :punk:

besides DC-4 as a lube DC also makes a oring lube, so safe for rubber products, its got a light pink color to it, for sure that would be ok to use.

DC= dow corning just in case.

Latest posts

Back