Help! Not running on back two cylinders!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the fuel level measured? I adjusted it like this to the somewhat horizontal position in all carbs, by blowing air in the needle valve port and checked when the valve was closed.
If I'd measure these dimensions what would they be?
Is the 'A' dimension the official measure, mentioned in manuals?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-124742_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-124742_WhatsApp.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 26
How is the fuel level measured? I adjusted it like this to the somewhat horizontal position in all carbs, by blowing air in the needle valve port and checked when the valve was closed.
If I'd measure these dimensions what would they be?
Is the 'A' dimension the official measure, mentioned in manuals?
Jesus Christ that's awful.

The float should be right at the level of the circle. Here's your picture next to an example picture. Note that I have flipped your image upside down to show the same perspective.

Your float looks like it nearly covers the circle entirely, making it WAY too high.

carb float level.jpg

Jesus Christ that's awful.

The float should be right at the level of the circle. Here's your picture next to an example picture. Note that I have flipped your image upside down to show the same perspective.

Your float looks like it nearly covers the circle entirely, making it WAY too high.

View attachment 83570

Thanks! I'll do my homework 👍

Homework done... No affect 😐 I can do carb removal from bike, disassembly, assembly back and start the bike in 6hrs 🤩 next time in 3hrs I think. . But...damn it didn't help, runs maybe even worse.. Removed now the coils, gonna get them checked tomorrow.

Homework done... No affect 😐 I can do carb removal from bike, disassembly, assembly back and start the bike in 6hrs 🤩 next time in 3hrs I think. . But...damn it didn't help, runs maybe even worse.. Removed now the coils, gonna get them checked tomorrow.
Regardless of how it runs, your float level was off-the-hook high. You would have had to fix it eventually. So count that as one less thing to worry about.

The pilot jet is easily overlooked if you don't remove the jet block and remove the rubber plugs. Look for the small jet under there and make sure it's clear. On the left in this picture.

Attachments

• 1631344452870.png
    1631344452870.png
    585.1 KB · Views: 32
If I measure 12V voltage near headlight I get 11,3V at the same time straight from battery it is 12,5. Ignition on. What could be the cause of voltage loss?

Status update : 3rd time disassemble carbs from bike😅 I start being quite fast in it now... Getting them ultrasound... I believe something is with idle circuit or that little nozzle mentioned abowe messages.

Attachments

• IMG-20220423-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220423-WA0002.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20220423-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220423-WA0004.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20220423-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220423-WA0005.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 13
Are you fixing bike w/o reading manual? Forum is usually useful after reading manual, it cannot be a substitute. Pretty often mechanic has to be smarter than manual writers.

Last edited:
Are you fixing bike w/o reading manual? Forum is usually useful after reading manual, it cannot be a substitute. Pretty often mechanic has to be smarter than manual writers.
Actually, and sorry to say - yes. But I have the manual and I have swept through it briefly. These symptoms I had are not mentioned in the manual.

The situation last autumn was that I had the rear left cylinder runnig poorly. And after carb clean, the both right hand cylinders were of...Soo I started googleing for similar cases on the net and found this thread.

I hope that I just made the mistake by "cleaning" carbs poorly in the first place.

It's least likely to be something in the carb body and most likely something in the jet block (the small jet)

I would say also, the pilot jet #42 has caused the problems...will tell u more as I test it. Carbs built (again). Tomorrow the test 🤩

I would say also, the pilot jet #42 has caused the problems...will tell u more as I test it. Carbs built (again). Tomorrow the test 🤩
There is a good thing about carbs: You need to learn only once.

Latest posts

Back