help vboost not working

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin

Reaction score
New member hope some one can help me I have 93. That vboost works some times can't figure out a pattern is there a way to test servo motor to see if its bad or control box. If control box is bad is there a afttermarket box to replace it thanks for any advise

Cool. Gonna bookmark it. But by adjustable, do they mean you are able to set at what rpm the butterflies open at?

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Yup, I've the same one - a bit pricy but the best option if yours is fried

or you can go stage 7...

Thanks is there any way to test control or servo i hate to buy either if i dont need to

New member hope some one can help me I have 93. That vboost works some times can't figure out a pattern is there a way to test servo motor to see if its bad or control box. If control box is bad is there a afttermarket box to replace it thanks for any advise

Welcome to the forum Danny . I'm sure Sean Morley or Captain Kyle can get you a used one to test if we can't get your intermittent problem diagnosed. :clapping:

Or you can buy an Ignitech ignition module for about $250 and have programmable v-boost and ignition.There is a section on testing the servo motor and controller in the manual.

I have had my controller die twice on my 85. Not 100% sure if the 93 has the same controller (There is an early and a late model controller). When my controllers died, they worked intermittantly for a while before dying completely. Thats why I did the ignitech thing.

To test check this thread. It may help.

If you look at the manual it will walk you through it. The manual can be downloaded from vmaxoutlaw.com for free.

Thanks guys my problem was control box i am looking for used one if any body has one for sale
special thanks to morley and rollie you've been a great help hope to meet y'all in person one day soon

Did you try heating the solder at all of the wire connections on the circuit board yet? I had the same problem and that fixed me right up. Just used a soldering iron and re-melted the existing solder. No need to add more, just heat the solder to its melting point and it will make the connection good again.

thanks guys it is my control box looking for used one now if anyone has one for sale let me know if i dont find one this weekend i'll order micro machine controller special thanks to rollie and morley for extra help

didn't try to resolder mine is covered with some type of glue or silicone is there a way to get threw to fix ????? ( sorry about double post using andriod phone )

Back