Help with homemade synchronizer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane_desselle

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of those homemade "coke bottle" synchronizers? I made one out of 2 gatorade bottles but when i hook it up it just starts sucking the bottles flat. I watched a video on YouTube and i don't know what I'm doing wrong. I know someone on here has to have experience with this, so please help me out.

Isn't there a Vmax owner in the Houston area you can borrow a Carbtune from.
I know there are a few Vmax guys in your area, I'd definitely ask.

It takes me all of 15 minutes to synch mine with my CarbTune.

I don't know. If there are any other vmax riders they have yet to speak up. So, should i kink off the hoses a little bit to weaken the vacuum going thru it?

Probably need to figure out something more accurate. My factory made mercury manometer has 1/4 " plastic plugs with tiny orfices, pushed down the carb hook up tubes a short ways.

Figure out some kind of plugs with orfices like a push pin size ( ground down pushpin handles?) and use heavier wall thickness bottles and it should work.

The ultralight guys used blue 2 stroke oil for fluid in their DIY sync manometers.

I think i might be able to use a rubber band to kink the hoses a little and that might work. That yahoo group is kinda hard to navigate. I thought i posted a message but it's not showing up on the board for some reason.

You might try a short section of cable tv wiring, I've heard of people using that. Probably some cat 5 or 6 plenum grade would work too.

Last edited:
If your looking to buy a set of synchronizers....

I'm very happy with this set... I bought 3 years ago of amazon.com

On my friends carb bikes. I was charging from $40.00 to $80.00 I made back the money I paid for them and then some.

There or chrome steel

Attachments

• vmax carb syc.jpg
    vmax carb syc.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 17
  • vmax 640 syc carb guages 1.JPG
    vmax 640 syc carb guages 1.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 15
If your looking to buy a set of synchronizers....

I'm very happy with this set... I bought 3 years ago of amazon.com

On my friends carb bikes. I was charging from $40.00 to $80.00 I made back the money I paid for them and then some.

There or chrome steel

I have these to I bought them about 5 years ago. I really like them & like that they came with all the fittings which I have used a good bit since I work on all kinds of bikes.

Here's what we're working on right now. Not sure if I am going to market these or just do the one for myself. It will do up to 6 cylinders. Nothing beats digital but it's not a cheap option.

I sell the motion pro stuff and don't normally recommend their units. I would suggest the Morgan Carb tune to the average home mechanic due to their simplicity and low cost. No fluid to mess with too makes it nice.

Attachments

• 2015-02-19.jpg
    2015-02-19.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 30
  • carbsync.jpg
    carbsync.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20150219_164156.jpg
    IMG_20150219_164156.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot from 2015-02-11 00-36-17.jpg
    Screenshot from 2015-02-11 00-36-17.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 22
Here's what we're working on right now. Not sure if I am going to market these or just do the one for myself. It will do up to 6 cylinders. Nothing beats digital but it's not a cheap option.

I sell the motion pro stuff and don't normally recommend their units. I would suggest the Morgan Carb tune to the average home mechanic due to their simplicity and low cost. No fluid to mess with too makes it nice.

You can send me one of the beta units Sean. :biglaugh:

I think those sobe bottles he used were made out of glass, not plastic like my gatorade bottle contraption. That would definitely stop the bottles from being sucked flat. I'll run down to the store and see what kind of glass bottles i can find. That should do the trick! Thanks redbone!

I have these to I bought them about 5 years ago. I really like them & like that they came with all the fittings which I have used a good bit since I work on all kinds of bikes.

Captainkyle all the fitting that comes with it will work with other bikes. Nice to have....

The gauges use no fluids and you adjust the little cup that controls needle movement... There's no mess

i have used 3 other brands in the pass.

Just my 2cents worth.
when I made my balance /synchroniser set I just used 3/16 plastic tube but installed little fish tank restrictor valves available at pet shops for about 50 cents each ,
they have the advantage of being infinitely adjustable so you can get rid of all the surge assosciated with the intake pulses.

Back