Here is my 85 running twin webers.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosnap

Reaction score
here is a short video of my bike running twin weber idf 40s.

OK, I see they are IDF's, I asked in the other thread if they were the DCOE model.

Some info on the IDF series: https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/6400.htm

This place has them for $389 apiece, he used two, 2 bbl. carbs.

From the link, above:
The Weber IDF Series is available in 40, 44 and 48mm barrel sizes. IDF carburetors are interchangeable with 36, 40, 45, and 48mm Dellorto DRLA carburetors. The IDF and DRLA both share the same intake manifold bolt pattern, air cleaner pattern, and in most cases linkage can be interchanged.

These Weber IDF Carburetors are sold with factory jetting and for most cases will be too lean. If specific re-jetting is necessary for your application, be sure to talk to your sales person when ordering your Weber IDF Carburetor.

OK, I see they are IDF's, I asked in the other thread if they were the DCOE model.

From the link, above:
The Weber IDF Series is available in 40, 44 and 48mm barrel sizes. IDF carburetors are interchangeable with 36, 40, 45, and 48mm Dellorto DRLA carburetors. The IDF and DRLA both share the same intake manifold bolt pattern, air cleaner pattern, and in most cases linkage can be interchanged.

These Weber IDF Carburetors are sold with factory jetting and for most cases will be too lean. If specific re-jetting is necessary for your application, be sure to talk to your sales person when ordering your Weber IDF Carburetor.
Yea I just went thru a documented clean and check procedure and used the eBay ones for 119. Apiece

Here is a pic that shows the factory look. I made the side round pieces for looks. I could’ve made them any design I wanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 50

From the link, above:

Here is my intake

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 42
Back