Here it comes.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope not....I just want the power cruiser version. MCN is usually pretty accurate in what it reports, I just hope that 2008 is really the year of the new Max.

Mark

Well I don't think Yamaha are very fond of using a performance engine with only one bike.

I mean look at the R1 and the FZ1, R6/FZ6, Warrior/MT-01.
The only reason it doesn't make sense really is that it would be in competition with their own FJR. Unless it's going to be a more touring cruiser like Honda's Goldwing, where the FJR is more sport tourer like the VFR.

I hope that 1800cc v-four is fact...
I just hope we get atleast 2/3 the power specs.

Would put the new Vmax well above every one of my mates bikes, and they've done heaps of power mods that I wont have to do.
At any rate, all y'all will find out well before me so I'll be eagerly waiting the reviews you folks type up.

Hello All
could someone please cut and paste the article here
I cant seem to get it open
Thanks
Cheers:cheers:

Hello All
could someone please cut and paste the article here
I cant seem to get it open
Thanks
Cheers:cheers:

Here you go! :cheers:

These line drawings show how Yamaha is developing its all-new 2008 V-Max, which is set to be launched later this year.
The patent drawings, taken from several patent applications regarding different aspects of the bike, show how the firm is developing the stubby exhausts of its 2005 concept bike into a production reality.
It also reveals the variable valve timing of the new 1800cc V-four engine and show the design for the next-generation V-Boost air intakes.
Read the reaction of MIRA Spokesman Richard Adams on the Yamaha V-Max in this week?s MCN, available to buy from Wednesday, August 1, 2007.

Attachments

• vmax1.jpg
    vmax1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax3.jpg
    vmax3.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax4.jpg
    vmax4.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax5.jpg
    vmax5.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
  • vmax6.jpg
    vmax6.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax7.jpg
    vmax7.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1
  • vmax8.jpg
    vmax8.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 2
  • vmax9.jpg
    vmax9.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 2
  • vmax10.jpg
    vmax10.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax11.jpg
    vmax11.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • vmax12.jpg
    vmax12.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
I can't wait to see/get it!

I've been watching this develop for about 2 years now and after calling every-single Yamaha Dealer within a 150 mile radius, I finally found one that will get a couple.

I put down a deposit for them to order one for me when the owner of the dealer I'm working with attends the Yamaha franchisee show Sept. 6th.-8th. I've talked to him a couple of times over the phone and we've exchanged cell numbers so he can call me from the show to give me the low-down. Maybe I can convince him to take a couple of cell-phone pics while he is there to send to me?? Hmmmmm.

I've never owned a brand-spankin' new motorcycle before (only have bought used cars, ATV's, motorcycles in the past) and I can't wait to get the thing! :)

I can't wait to see/get it!

I've been watching this develop for about 2 years now and after calling every-single Yamaha Dealer within a 150 mile radius, I finally found one that will get a couple.

I put down a deposit for them to order one for me when the owner of the dealer I'm working with attends the Yamaha franchisee show Sept. 6th.-8th. I've talked to him a couple of times over the phone and we've exchanged cell numbers so he can call me from the show to give me the low-down. Maybe I can convince him to take a couple of cell-phone pics while he is there to send to me?? Hmmmmm.

I've never owned a brand-spankin' new motorcycle before (only have bought used cars, ATV's, motorcycles in the past) and I can't wait to get the thing! :)

I plan on having the first year of every Max model ever made (if I live long enough) :biglaugh:

Had what came close to being a yelling match 2 weeks ago at one of the many local dealers (Lexington Motor Sports), when their head sales person was trying to tell me the changes are only cosmetic and the Max is still based on the 1198 engine :rofl_200:

I gave him my information and told him I would buy the Vmax and a Rune if I was wrong about the new design model, and put the jacket I was buying my wife back on the rack :biglaugh:

I'm forgiving, but, can't stand when an idiot starts to argue with a customer.

:cheers:

Neil

I plan on having the first year of every Max model ever made (if I live long enough) :biglaugh:

Had what came close to being a yelling match 2 weeks ago at one of the many local dealers (Lexington Motor Sports), when their head sales person was trying to tell me the changes are only cosmetic and the Max is still based on the 1198 engine :rofl_200:

I gave him my information and told him I would buy the Vmax and a Rune if I was wrong about the new design model, and put the jacket I was buying my wife back on the rack :biglaugh:

I'm forgiving, but, can't stand when an idiot starts to argue with a customer.

:cheers:

Neil
The dealer I'm working with seem to be very cordial, informative and knowledgeable. When they don't know an answer to something I ask, at least they honestly say so. I respect that.

Latest posts

Back