Here's a video of my ride on the Dragon's Tail this weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jealous! you used a jvc adixxion? what made you choose it over its competitors? how'dya mount it? the ride's been on my bucket list for the past couple of years now.

jealous! you used a jvc adixxion? what made you choose it over its competitors? how'dya mount it? the ride's been on my bucket list for the past couple of years now.

I had been debating between the JVC and the GoPro but when I went to BestBuy they had a JVC that was an open box item marked down from $299 to $169. So that pretty much made my mind up for me. Plus you can view your videos off the LCD screen on the JVC but you have to purchase a bac pac viewer for the GoPro.

The Only issue I have with the JVC is the wind noise you get off the mic. I am currently toying with different methods to reduce the noise. As of the moment I have a piece of tape over the mic which works pretty well. It reduces the wind noise but still picks up audio.

As far as riding the Dragon's tail, I highly recommend putting that on your bucket list. We made a 4 day trip out of it and probably averaged about 6hrs of riding each day.:punk: Most of the roads are in very good condition, LOTS of curves, and you can't beat a ride through the mountains. I've got several pictures of the trip that I'll try to post up later.

Oh and I mounted the JVC on the handle bars. JVC sells a handle bar mount but all BestBuy had in stock was a suction cup mount and a roll bar mount. Which the roll bar mount worked just fine on the handle bars and I also mounted in on the engine guard which was a pretty cool angle for some video footage. The camera also comes with 2 or 3 sticky mounts that you can put on your helmet. I'll post some pics of the camera on the bike so you can see how I mounted it and I'll post another video with the camera mounted on the engine guard.

Nice video. Thank you for sharing.

The gal in the office across from mine asked me if I was watching another ride video - guess I was getting into those corners a little bit. lol

Wish I could make it to the Dragon area more often.

Mark Hickman took a video of me going thru the Dragon. You tube: Vmax run thru the Dragon 2012.
This years meet is the weekend of Sept. 13th at Deals Gap. Come on to the event we have a ball every year. Found some new roads to ride on last year. We burnt them up too.
That JVC does good.

Latest posts

Back