HI ALL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeMax

Reaction score
Haven't been here for a bit...lottsa other stuff going on. I have a BEAUTIFUL GEN 1 2001 Carbon fiber. In Michigan you get about 6-7 months of riding, so she has very low miles. I'm typically a lone rider...no clubs, mostly bc they seem to fail rapidly here. But if someone says the wanna ride, I'll go with. I use premium gas only in this beast, and Full synthetic Yamalube. Mods are simple: K&N filter, auto fan switch so fan starts earlier, oil pressure guage, 3 way switch for VBoost: On, Off, 3K. And small windshield above front light, and clear light lenses, colored bulbs. She is stored every Winter with new oil/filter and bowls drained & gas stablizer, battery trickle charge. In Spring: New oil/filter, new plugs, (she hates NGK!), carb sync, tire check. Run her rich. And each time the light turns GREEN it's like first day on the drag strip! Lol She gets washed and waxed every year, and I'll NEVER ride her in the rain, on purpose. Wait for at least 2 good thunderstorms in Spring to wash the salt off the MOST HORRIBLE ROADS IN THE NATION! Hit a chuck hole here, you're either in the hospital, or dead. Either way, ur bike is f/u. Hit one or more and LIVE, immediate check of balance and rim is necessary!
Oh...stopped the pop by plugging up any possible vacuum leaks.

Latest posts

Back