Hi from TX. 1st time Vmax owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxVMax

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone . First time Vmax owner here but been riding for the past 25 years or so.
Just got me a 2005 Anniversary edition sweet Vmax and am loving it.
My other ride is a 2004 Yamaha FZ6.
Just having a blast with the Vmax. So glad I got it finally.:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• 285.jpeg
    285.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 2012-03-16 18.59.32.jpg
    2012-03-16 18.59.32.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 2012-03-15 16.04.19.jpg
    2012-03-15 16.04.19.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2012-03-16 19.15.34.jpg
    2012-03-16 19.15.34.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 2012-03-17 09.28.03.jpg
    2012-03-17 09.28.03.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Beautiful bike!..........One of the guys we ride with has an 05 and he keeps it spotless, welcome to the site!.................................Tom.

Beautiful bike!..........One of the guys we ride with has an 05 and he keeps it spotless, welcome to the site!.................................Tom.

Thanks Tom this bike I got is spotless and I plan to keep it that way. It has only 9400 miles and I'm lucky the prev owner was as particular as I am about keeping his bike in an immaculate condition.
I was referred to this site by a Two wheeled Texan fellow member who also owns a Vmax . I am glad I joined in .

Mark

Howdy Mark. Glad you joined. Most everthing you need to know V-Max is right here. Great info from a great bunch.:biglaugh:

Awesome bike, welcome to the only forum you'll ever need to keep it running good!

Looks like you've got the best mod on it already - a decent seat :)

Now beware of the mod monkey, he bites hard and won't let go 'til your wallet's empty..

C'mon Kyle, you know you love it in the land of palmetto bugs bigger than your biggest toe, where the state bird (at least in Tampa/St. Pete) is the "early bird," where one side of the street can get a torrential downpour while the opposite side is "dri-zabohn," where your offshore fishing trip may encounter rafting refugees (they don't have the easy task of walking across a dry TX wash, they have to cross the FL Straights and the Gulfstream), land of a fabulously-wealthy rat who lives in Orlando with his rat girlfriend (and I have never heard that they are married, which should rile the conservatives), and is the land where nineteen million residents don't have to worry about freezing to death a third of the year.

Besides your market is here, and you like to hold Tech Days as an excuse to demonstrate the mastery you have over pork and beef while enjoying Cap'n Morgan & Coke!
captain_morgan_rum_and_coke-19106.jpg

Welcome to the new TX VMax owner, enjoy your ride, and let the modding begin!:clapping:

Welcome ! Im a Texan stuck in Florida you have a nice bike I hope you have fun with it.

Awesome bike, welcome to the only forum you'll ever need to keep it running good!

Looks like you've got the best mod on it already - a decent seat :)

Now beware of the mod monkey, he bites hard and won't let go 'til your wallet's empty..

G is that seat coment innocent:ummm: Or are you busting my balls:confused2:. If it was Innocent I appologize :worthy:,If your bustin my balls thats fine to each their own, but remember the GEN II in my garage is because I make a GREAT product and alot of other people think so to.

G is that seat coment innocent:ummm: Or are you busting my balls:confused2:. If it was Innocent I appologize :worthy:,If your bustin my balls thats fine to each their own, but remember the GEN II in my garage is because I make a GREAT product and alot of other people think so to.

Not at all!! I think you make an awesome seat - was totally pulling your leg in that other thread that was going silly. Especially what you've done about easing the refuelling, I think that's just genius.:worthy:

The comment here is about the fact that this '05 hasn't got the OEM piece of wood on it, but rather what looks like a Muscle/Sportmax or similar item, which we all know is way more comfortable. :clapping:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone . First time Vmax owner here but been riding for the past 25 years or so.
Just got me a 2005 Anniversary edition sweet Vmax and am loving it.
My other ride is a 2004 Yamaha FZ6.
Just having a blast with the Vmax. So glad I got it finally.:eusa_dance:

Welcome....to the best of both worlds.....A..sport cruiser and a sport tourer/supersport....just have to decide which to ride when:ummm:

My hardest decision is always which one to ride:bang head:

C'mon Kyle, you know you love it in the land of palmetto bugs bigger than your biggest toe, where the state bird (at least in Tampa/St. Pete) is the "early bird," where one side of the street can get a torrential downpour while the opposite side is "dri-zabohn," where your offshore fishing trip may encounter rafting refugees (they don't have the easy task of walking across a dry TX wash, they have to cross the FL Straights and the Gulfstream), land of a fabulously-wealthy rat who lives in Orlando with his rat girlfriend (and I have never heard that they are married, which should rile the conservatives), and is the land where nineteen million residents don't have to worry about freezing to death a third of the year.

Besides your market is here, and you like to hold Tech Days as an excuse to demonstrate the mastery you have over pork and beef while enjoying Cap'n Morgan & Coke!
captain_morgan_rum_and_coke-19106.jpg

Welcome to the new TX VMax owner, enjoy your ride, and let the modding begin!:clapping:
Lets see Tech days are god RUm & diet coke can be had in Texas & my BBQ pit works anywhere. If something ever happened to Christine I would be back in Texas so fast it would make your head spin. Lots of good people here but you can take the Man out of Texas but you cant take Texas out of the Man Im Texan at heart.:biglaugh:

Welcome to the board. Everyone here is great. Maybe all of us metroplex guys can get together sometime.

Howdy Mark. Glad you joined. Most everthing you need to know V-Max is right here. Great info from a great bunch.:biglaugh:

Thanks to you for recommending this website and looks like we have similar names too :biglaugh:

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I do appreciate it very much.

Congrats and welcome! Really clean bike you picked up. I've had my 05' for about 16 months now and love it!
There was a thread someone started awhile back on 'Who Has the 2005 Anniversary Edition" with pics but I couldn't find it to post the link.
Mike

Back