Hi guy's me back 2006 vmax fork leaking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
I pick up 2006 vmax with low miles very clean all stock, wfie don't no. "O" to I pick up fj1200 to she did find out about this bike though.

Vmax fork oil started leaking and got on the rotors. I did try cleaning them seals with plastic but still leaking.

Is there a easy way of replacing the seals with out pulling the forks apart.

No.

ps - hope you are kidding about the need to keep things from your wife. Life's way too short to have to sneak around hiding m/c's when you should either be putting her on the back seat, or getting her a bike of her own, and riding, riding, riding.

I pick up 2006 vmax with low miles very clean all stock, wfie don't no. "O" to I pick up fj1200 to she did find out about this bike though.

Vmax fork oil started leaking and got on the rotors. I did try cleaning them seals with plastic but still leaking.

Is there a easy way of replacing the seals with out pulling the forks apart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKKdbwMQ5fY

Very easy job to do following the video instructions.
Unfortunately for me, it seems that the inner tube scratches/nicks are damaging the seals since they start to leak short after.
And, I am struggling to find a solution other than changing the inner pipes ($240/each).
So, make sure your inner pipes are OK.
Good luck!

Very easy job to do following the video instructions.
Unfortunately for me, it seems that the inner tube scratches/nicks are damaging the seals since they start to leak short after.
And, I am struggling to find a solution other than changing the inner pipes ($240/each).
So, make sure your inner pipes are OK.
Good luck!

Are you taping the tops like Sean shows in the video? I did mine with electrical tape, and no issues.

I've already order new seals and bushings, but I think the very little scratches/nicks may be damaging the seals. I can't see any female to the deals, but I see some imperfections in the inner tube. Do you think polishing them before replacing seals and bushing will help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

ps - hope you are kidding about the need to keep things from your wife. Life's way too short to have to sneak around hiding m/c's when you should either be putting her on the back seat, or getting her a bike of her own, and riding, riding, riding.

I have magna a vmax and the fj1200 kz1000

Man got lucky 3206 miles $3000 all stock. no marks on it.

wife will put me out the house if she finds it.

Morley is the man now if i can just fly him here to make a new video using my forks.

Latest posts

Back