Hid install, now bike is idling at 750, and spudders hard at 3000+, sounds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
Checked the fuses under the tank and the main fuse under the seat, they both look fine, I put the stock bulb back in and it is still running weird, Anything else i should try??:bang head:

Re: Hid install, now bike is idleing at 750, and spudders hard at 3000+, sounds

Checked the fuses under the tank and the main fuse under the seat, they both look fine, I put the stock bulb back in and it is still running weird, Anything else i should try??:bang head:

Did it start just when you added the HID setup? Almost to me sounds like your carbs need a good cleaning if not more? Have you ever tried the shotgun or pea shooter cleaning method?

It started after, it was running like a champ yesterday

is it still firing on all cylinders? can touch each header or use a temp gun to see

is it still firing on all cylinders? can touch each header or use a temp gun to see

If you loose a cylinder from a loose plug wire, it would just run all bogged down, but idle fine from what I have experienced before.

True HID ballasts create an AC voltage of 200-400 volts, if this isn't WELL shielded it can put out enough rf to screw with your ignition.

Had the same thing happen when I put some true neon tube lighting which aslo uses a higv voltage AC ballast on my bike a long time ago.

Try shielding the HID ballast and the TCI both??

It acted / sounded like one cylinder wasn't firing in the video. My 89 ran like that, on and off for quite some time. Sounds like your saying you've got it nailed down and fixed.. I hope so and may it run good from here on...:clapping:

Vacuum leaks sound like that too. Glad you fixed the issue!

Latest posts

Back