HID Lighting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sent ddmtuning a request for a return under warranty for three pairs of HID 35 watt car/truck lights I have all of which have stopped working for some reason. They are the slimline ballasts.

let's see what kind of service they offer. They are 4 yrs. old but stopped working before this, I just never got around to submitting a warranty request.

I have been very happy with my ddmtuning 55w, I have used it for about a year now with zero issues

Sent from my LG-G3 using Tapatalk

Time for a dumb question.. I have zero experience with these HID lights, and am happy with the lighting on my '85, now that the Eastern Beaver relays are delivering excellent voltage to the bulb.. But, in my quest for knowledge, I have this question..

How do these HID bulbs switch low/high beam? Are they some sort of dual filament, or does the bulb shift to change the focus? Or are they so damn bright you don't need any other beam? In that case, how do they pass safety inspection?

How do these HID bulbs switch low/high beam? Are they some sort of dual filament, or does the bulb shift to change the focus? Or are they so damn bright you don't need any other beam? In that case, how do they pass safety inspection?

It is one lamp vs dual filament and you can get it with a mechanical component of some sort that moves the mirror for high and low. Personally o went with the low only option since I wanted the ability to turn my headlight off altogether (now i have low beam = on high beam = off with blue light to remind me my headlight is off). They are incredibly bright, you don't need a high beam anymore IMO. As for a safety inspection I could not tell you as FL did not have one nor does my new state SC.

Silly question: If they are lifetime warranty, why do they list bulbs and ballasts?

Their bulbs can be hooked up to an existing ballast. Great for some vehicle and other bike applications where an HID is already in place and you just want to change the light color.

How about these ones??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271584644887?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am very interested in trying the HID set ups but do not know why there are so many different prices for the same thing?

They all come from China, just not all are reputable. DDM has a good reputation and they have worked out well for a lot of people here. Random stuff on ebay without user reviews to go by is suspect IMO.

They all come from China, just not all are reputable. DDM has a good reputation and they have worked out well for a lot of people here. Random stuff on ebay without user reviews to go by is suspect IMO.

This.... Go with DDMTuning. It's fast shipping and $42

Back