HID lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

Reaction score
Searched old threads and didnt find much. Anyone running hids? If so how hard is it to hide all the wiring. Id like to have the high beam/low beam one from ddm but theres alot of wiring and boxes to hide. I know its doable jus wondering if anyone had a pain hiding everything.

I know that its not HID, but 2 years ago I switched to a 90/130 bulb, and a ceramic pigtail (due to the heat) and everything tucks into the headlight bucket. It looks stock.

I got everything from Sean Morley. [email protected]

A LOT of guys run the 35W or 55W Hi-low kits from DDMTuning.
I don't have HID but I have seen 4 or 5 at Thunder in the Valley and they are Crazy bright at night.
I don't think anyone had any issues routing the wiring with those kits.
Read through this thread for some good info and pictures:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21983

Yes, I run the Bike Master set-up, H4HL-6000k, High/ Low beam, plug and play.
You have to get creative with the wiring. I put the little ballast and starter
above the front #2 and 4 cylinders on the rubber cover and the rest in the
left scoop.
I run it with Morley's clear lens and bucket, looks sweet.
Careful not to touch the bulb on installation, aim it right and you'll have a
bright white and wide pattern beam.
I ride down out of the mountains here at night in the summer and am amazed
at how bright it is, and glad to have it when I see a dear up ahead, it seems like
it freezes them like a spot light.
Mine is the low watt, not the bluish almost purple light some kits offer.

Attachments

• 20150816_133202.jpg
    20150816_133202.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 55
Yes, I run the Bike Master set-up, H4HL-6000k, High/ Low beam, plug and play.
You have to get creative with the wiring. I put the little ballast and starter
above the front #2 and 4 cylinders on the rubber cover and the rest in the
left scoop.

I run it with Morley's clear lens and bucket, looks sweet.
Careful not to touch the bulb on installation, aim it right and you'll have a
bright white and wide pattern beam.
I ride down out of the mountains here at night in the summer and am amazed
at how bright it is, and glad to have it when I see a dear up ahead, it seems like
it freezes them like a spot light.
Mine is the low watt, not the bluish almost purple light some kits offer.

I installed the DDM system in mine. Sounds like I put the wiring in about the same locations as above. One of the best mods i've done so far!!

A solid alternative, I put one of these on my bike and now several of my sport bike friends are getting them to replace the high end xenon bulbs they're running. It isn't quite 6000k, more like pure white 4500-5500k. But the 3000 lumen brightness advertised is about 25% brighter than the HID kits I installed on my truck. Good range, nice wide beam from the 7" bucket I got online, and clean white light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UX5WRBM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have a properly working charging system, just put relays to the stock headlight bulb,, and power them directly from the battery.. Eastern Beaver sells the parts, or a prewired kit. Simple, and amazingly bright!
Really need a lotof light, use a higher wattage bulb with the relays. You'll start grass fires on the side of the road as you ride by...

If you have a properly working charging system, just put relays to the stock headlight bulb,, and power them directly from the battery.. Eastern Beaver sells the parts, or a prewired kit. Simple, and amazingly bright!
Really need a lotof light, use a higher wattage bulb with the relays. You'll start grass fires on the side of the road as you ride by...

+1 Ive got the same relay kit, well worth the money!

What would be nice is to start a thread with a series of pictures taken at night to show relative lighting.

The comparison pics would only be representative if taken with the same model phone (no flash).

I have an iPhone 6 and can take a pic of my LED blub mounted in the standard VMax headlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Searched old threads and didnt find much. Anyone running hids? If so how hard is it to hide all the wiring. Id like to have the high beam/low beam one from ddm but theres alot of wiring and boxes to hide. I know its doable jus wondering if anyone had a pain hiding everything.

I have a 35w\8000k HID system and love it I have the ballast behind the left scoop spend a little extra and get a more quality system and may be consider purchasing a backup system for spare parts if traveling I will never go back to the halogen but am thinking about a LED system peace Dwayne

8bc8b736ffd69ba7fd91f54158119976.jpg

I ended up buying led. Ran hid in all my other bike and after getting this led i dont think ill another hid system.

Which LED's did you get? The one from that Amazon link that's only $20?

Back