Hidden Shock Suspension

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
For some reason, this idea popped into my head today, and I thought that maybe this might be a workable idea.

I looked into how the rear suspension is set up on the HD Softail bikes, and could not help but think that using a braced swingarm, with appropriate attachment tabs welded on both the swingarm and frame underneath, maybe a setup like this might work.

harley_softail_rear_suspension.jpg

Does this seem like a feasible idea? I realize that you would lose the use of the center stand with this most likely, but still, I cannot help but wonder if this would work.

Gas tank and rear exhaust pipes. Actually, a variation of this has been used before with it more like the Beull and sitting more outboard.

Sean

Gas tank and rear exhaust pipes. Actually, a variation of this has been used before with it more like the Beull and sitting more outboard.

Sean

Where I was thinking, around where the center stand mounts, I would think that would be below the fuel tank. As for the exhaust, my setup does not have the section going across like stock, or most aftermarket.

There may not be enough fulcrum leverage but you'd just have to experiment with that to see how it would ride for you.

Wouldn't the rear exhausts down pipes be in the way? Might want to take a look at a Ventures rear suspension for some ideas; see Sharky's build.

Back