high beam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no. this would inidcate an issue with the wiring or the switch.

here's the wiring diagam -
some possilities:
- the ho-lo switch is not disconnecting the hi beam
- problem with the bulb holder wiring
- problem in the loom

As a first step, unplug the connectors to the switch (bottom left in the diagram), if the bulb still glows, that would indicate a wiring issue. Also remove the bulb to see if the blue lamp still glows and checking that the bulb holder contacts are clean and in good condition. Checl the wiring for chafeing.

Attachments

• wiring diagram.jpg
    wiring diagram.jpg
    898.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
no. this would inidcate an issue with the wiring or the switch.

here's the wiring diagam -
some possilities:
- the ho-lo switch is not disconnecting the hi beam
- problem with the bulb holder wiring
- problem in the loom

As a first step, unplug the connectors to the switch (bottom left in the diagram), if the bulb still glows, that would indicate a wiring issue. Also remove the bulb to see if the blue lamp still glows and checking that the bulb holder contacts are clean and in good condition. Checl the wiring for chafeing.
All schematics should be this easy to follow. Wish I had one for my VMAX.

Howdy I found the problem with the blue light. The PO had wired in a high output light many moons ago. Had to replace the 3-pronged plug. long story short, the '86 wiring diagram didn't work here even thou this is an '86.I referenced my '07 manual and wired it that way. It is fine now " It's always somethin'" Thanks again for everyone's help. Happy holidays to all... wayne

Back