high octane fuel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
every once in awhile i run 113 octane, i have had people say it's hard on the motor and others say it's good for it every now and then, thought's?

Talk to COPRUNNER, he is the authority on high octane fuel :biglaugh::biglaugh::rofl_200::rofl_200::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::bang head::bang head::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Honestly you dont need it and it does absolutely no good for your engine. Our engines dont make enough power to fully utilize the slower burning higher octanes. It can and will leave carbon deposits in your engine due to the fact you wont burn all the fuel.

HIGHER OCTANE DOES NOT EQUATE TO MORE POWER
Cheers

i love to start this beast up in my garage, i don't know what one fucks me up the most the grey goose or the fumes!!

I don't know about current high octane fuels, but in the old days we added a couple ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil to every 5gal can of premium before putting it into our high compression VW dune buggy engines. The theory then was that the Aviation gas didn't have the same lubricants in it and it would cause the upper cylinders to wear extra.

Now????????????????/

High octane fuel is great, if you need it, other wise it's a waste of money and you can actually loose power.

Back