High speed wobble- violent @8:30 130

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

79transam

Reaction score
High, I'm newer to owning a Vmax, onky about 1.5 years now. I am hooked!!! But have this higher speed wobble/tank slapper depending on the speed. 8 have had a new front tire installed, new front head bearings put in, and front fork juice replaced. All done by a well respected, great mechanic in my area. But it's still there, a little better than before, but not gone. It is a 2007certain first gen. It was downed before i owned it. Had front brake problems when i first got it, so there are new disks &a pads on the original front rim. Actually, not origional from this bike, i think they are from a 1998. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!:bang head:

High, I'm newer to owning a Vmax, onky about 1.5 years now. I am hooked!!! But have this higher speed wobble/tank slapper depending on the speed. 8 have had a new front tire installed, new front head bearings put in, and front fork juice replaced. All done by a well respected, great mechanic in my area. But it's still there, a little better than before, but not gone. It is a 2007certain first gen. It was downed before i owned it. Had front brake problems when i first got it, so there are new disks &a pads on the original front rim. Actually, not origional from this bike, i think they are from a 1998. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!:bang head:

You said it's been worked-on by a reputable mechanic, but the wobble is still there. Problems with stability can originate at either end of the bike, or both. You might have tweaked downtubes or triple trees, though a good mechanic would probably notice the issues if the front end was taken-off and worked-on.

Maybe you should look for a Computrack to check your frame's alignment.

Worn-out rear shocks, a loose swing arm pivot, shot rear wheel bearings all could contribute to front end wobbles.

Have you done the bounce test to confirm that your head bearings are properly adjusted?

What is the condition and inflating pressure of BOTH your front and rear tires?

What setting do you have on the rear shocks and what's your weight? Try a lower preload setting on the rear - the higher/harder the rear is the more likely it'll high-speed wobble.

.....and my personal favorite.....................DON'T FORGET TO SIMPLY CHECK THE CONDITION OF YOUR REAR TIRE. A bad rear tire can, and will, cause high speed wobble. I will personally attest to this fact.

Back