High speed wobble?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustonheat

Reaction score
I have an 06 v-max ,since new at 160 Km I have a bad high speed wobble .I have tightened the fork bearing and still a wobble .Any suggestions would be great thanks Keith

I have an 06 v-max ,since new at 160 Km I have a bad high speed wobble .I have tightened the fork bearing and still a wobble .Any suggestions would be great thanks Keith
Have an o6 v-max ,with a high speed wobble at 160km.Tried to tighten fork bearing still has the wobble ,any other suggestions would be great

how tight. Some bikes I have to really crank them almost as tight as I can get them (make sure you loosen the tripple bolts on the bottom clamp then make the adjustment and retighten)

You should be able to tighten them to the point where the bars will not fall on thier own or even with a nudge which is too tight.

Sean

Is it a wobble or a weave? Sometimes you get them so tight that the bike actually weaves... It is a VERY fine line.

The Bias ply tires are a little like that though.

I have seen also where some people hang on to the bars so tight at speed that their body transmits oscilations into the bars...

are you a bigger guy i heard that the vmax likes weight towards the front and likes to wobble when the ass is squatting

It maybe the tire ,what would be a good tire to put on front and back,I only weigh170 lbs and funny thing is when extra weight is on back there is no wobble. maybe my tire is out of balance, dunno

Have an o6 v-max ,with a high speed wobble at 160km.Tried to tighten fork bearing still has the wobble ,any other suggestions would be great

[FONT=&quot]If you are sitting on 160ks and getting front end wobble (left to right oscillation of the handlebars and forks), your steering head bearings are not tight enough.

I've just completed 2500ks of high speed highway riding (but I'll deny it) and had this same problem.

Oscillation from the rider being wind buffeted is transmitted to the front handlebars and forks when the bearings are too loose. If you tighten them sufficiently the buffeting of the rider does not induce fork oscillation (wobble).

If you bike will not track a straight line and tends to weave at constant speed the bearings are over tight.

If adjustment does not fix the problem (it should), the bearings may need replacing.

If you are still unhappy after bearing adjustments, fit a steering damper.[/FONT]

Back