highest Hp Gen2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Now I have heard a rumour that someone over here is in the process of making a 500 HP Gen 2 SuperMax , also there is someone else claiming their Gen2 has permanate boost .
Im just wondering what you guys thoughts are on this and what sort of HP some of you guys are getting ..

Thanks in advance . :punk:

First of all let me say that I do not have a gen 2. So, from what Ive read, 173 hp at the rear wheel, and Ive been there when people have dynod their Gen 2's with the big air kits, and reflashed ecu's, and Ive seen 185-189 at the rear wheel. 1 person that I met at Eureka Springs, and he said that his has dyno'd at the rear wheel at 195. He was planning to take off the 240 wheel, and was shooting for 200 at the rear wheel.

First of all let me say that I do not have a gen 2. So, from what Ive read, 173 hp at the rear wheel, and Ive been there when people have dynod their Gen 2's with the big air kits, and reflashed ecu's, and Ive seen 185-189 at the rear wheel. 1 person that I met at Eureka Springs, and he said that his has dyno'd at the rear wheel at 195. He was planning to take off the 240 wheel, and was shooting for 200 at the rear wheel.

+1 on all of that. Those are good ballparks for stock and bikes with some minor bolt-ons.

208 on race gas is the best I've seen.....202 on pump gas.

There is a Supercharger kit available from Canada that makes 260HP at low boosts, with an otherwise stock engine.

last summer in here, watched 3 new ones go same dyno:
complete stock 166
cat removed 186
cat removed 195 (difrend de-cat)

this winter that 186 bike was updated 301hp and 257nm torq

all in rearwheel hp

Highest horsepower I have personally witnessed was at Thunder with 179 on a ecu and exhaust system. I am sure there are higher power ones out there definitely.

Highest horsepower I have personally witnessed was at Thunder with 179 on a ecu and exhaust system. I am sure there are higher power ones out there definitely.

I'm hurt Todd - you were standing in the crowd at Thunder 2013 when the operator gave my 1st run a 192hp rating. Don't you remember? :(

I had him back it off soon after due to a noise coming from a rear wheel bearing. I always thought his was a 'happy dyno' that year though.

heres dyno, i think he has twin turbo :worthy:
View attachment 47905

IF I'm reading that Dynomec.com website correctly, this is only computer software, and the bike sits on an inexpensive "roller sensor". Is this correct? For $217 USD, anyone can punch in numbers to the software, and it will kick out resulting computer generated HP?? For $200, it sure don't seem like it would be very accurate when compared against equipment costing a few thousand dollars. :confused2:

If this setup is accurate, I think I'll add one to my garage arsenal. I had no idea they could be had that cheap.

I think your getting software and a sensor. Your not getting the dyno setup... you will probably spend thousands to build a good dyno setup to house the sensor.

Atleast thats the way I read it.

Exactly. You need the drum, bearings, and a lot of other components. I do still have my portable dyno for sale if you're truly interested. Might come down to $4k but that's about as cheap as i'm going to go I think.

Sean

Out of curiosity, I am honestly not intereted, but how much power would your dyno hold? 700+ ?

Just curious as my buddy is building another grudge turbo bike again.

I think it's originally rate for 225. The only difference is the diameter of the drum for the later units. The larger the drum the easier it is for the tire to grip it. So, it would just spin on the drum. I think realistically it would read up into the 300's but anything beyond that isn't going to hold.

Latest posts

Back