highway / foot pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxvmax5257

Reaction score
I have an '06 with factory engine guards / crash bars. I'm looking for a set of foot pegs I can add on to them for long ride comfort. Partly it's because I just got a Maxgasser seat, and it causes you to sit a little farther forward which causes your knees to bend a little more which my 56 year old knees are not entirely happy about..... I'm pretty tall. Anyway, I'd want them to be able to fold up. Does anyone have any experiences and recommendations? And where to get them? Pictures would be great too! Thanks very much.

I have a set like this and it go's on and off fast so i put them on for long rides. sean morley can get them.

If you're tall , I would look into forward controls. Not a cheap alternative , and not the best for excessive leanings in the twisties , but for full time comfort while on a Vmax , to me , it's the only way to go. :punk:

Ya i like them. I have different looking foot pegs then in picture. Its what came with mine. I lost a peg and sean got me one to match so im sure he can get the set.

Attachments

• 2013-05-13_14-28-42_445.jpg
    2013-05-13_14-28-42_445.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82
Make sure you locktight all the set screews with blue locktight. and i put weatherstripping under the frame clamps so i dont scratch my frame. It mounts i below your radiator on frame rails.

Ya i like them. I have different looking foot pegs then in picture. Its what came with mine. I lost a peg and sean got me one to match so im sure he can get the set.

i have a very similar setup.

I like the conversions we do using the engine guards and welding on a second set of rear passenger pegs. We do these on an exchange and they look factory when done. I did get the email and will direct you to the facebook site when I get home (look in my signature and follow the link there). I'd do it now but that site was recently blocked by the day job system lol.

I've actually got some forward controls installed on the vmax I just bought last week. I'd like to get rid of them though, so perhaps we could work something out if you're interested. I'll see if I can get some pics up. Might give you some ideas regardless.

Back