• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hindle Competition

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monstar

Reaction score
I've been searching high and low for a Hindle Competition pipe, they quit making them sometime ago. Anyone know of someone that might have one or willing to part with? It says Hindle on the pipe and right below it says competition. The sound to me doesn't sound like any of the hindles today.

They made a 2" or a 2.5" version. You probably want the 2.5" version. Most of them won't say the "competition" on the baffle but if the inlet size is verfied then you're good to go. Not sure if I have a used one of them currently or not.

They made a 2" or a 2.5" version. You probably want the 2.5" version. Most of them won't say the "competition" on the baffle but if the inlet size is verfied then you're good to go. Not sure if I have a used one of them currently or not.

The thing is i haven't heard another hindle like the competition one. So i'm basically looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Did you try eBay or Kijiji? Think I saw one on there awhile back.
I recall my buddy in northern Ontario having the only Hindle back in the mid '80s Sounded like NOTHING ELSE, rivalling the Kerker Comp baffle in decibels for certain, maybe even louder.
I believe that it is a true 4 into 1 as well. Not like the current Hindle I have which is 4-2-1.
A new Hindle still tunes up nicely with a Dynojet Stage 7 I might add.
I have 2, a 14" Super Sport and 18" Stealth Carbon Fibre baffle unit. Ride the 18" much of the time for the looks of it on my '06. But for audible sound I run the 14".
Good luck in finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Something like this?
picture.php

This is an old Hindle. Can is cut down to 12" and the emblem removed.
It belongs to Sean but I'm sure he is willing to sell it.

Shoot me a PM with your email address if youre interested. I can send you some more photos. Its sitting in a box in the garage right now.

That would be one - yep. Looks like the 2.5" inlet which is what the competition headers had.

Something like this?

This is an old Hindle. Can is cut down to 12" and the emblem removed.
It belongs to Sean but I'm sure he is willing to sell it.

Shoot me a PM with your email address if youre interested. I can send you some more photos. Its sitting in a box in the garage right now.

No thats not it.

Like this one , what's it worth to you?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 41
That's just the can , the hindle comp header itself is different , and this IS one of them

Is that the small tube entrance? The comp used a 2.5" size at the collector all the way through. The smaller one isn't the comp but built exactly the same. That looks like it's the 2.25" but very hard to tell from the picture.

The can is what had the name plate on it but doesn't really matter too much as long as the 2.5" carries all the way through.

The can is what had the name plate on it but doesn't really matter too much as long as the 2.5" carries all the way through.

The can had the comp name plate on it, but it does sound completely different. I've talked with hindle and they told me its different sounding as well. I will just keep searching for the hindle competition name plate. I tried up loading the picture but it didn't work.

Here's a few historical pics I had in the files. The comp can if i recall was smaller in OD with very minimal dampening. Maybe a 4" at the most OD.

Note, even the Holeshot pictured was made by Hindle (though later systems were made by someone else).

Attachments

• Big Tube 4-1 Hindle.jpg
    Big Tube 4-1 Hindle.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0897.jpg
    DSCF0897.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Coated Hindle 4-1.jpg
    Coated Hindle 4-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 30
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 1986 VMAX (1).jpg
    1986 VMAX (1).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 0603001624.jpg
    0603001624.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 29
Yea, as long as the inlet and outlet is the same the performance will be the same (and similar sound).

Latest posts

Back