- Hindle Header Types? -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warp12

Reaction score
Hindle lists two different headers. One is a "race" header, the other is not. Both seem to be 4/1 designs. One allows for the high pipe, one does not.

My question is, does anyone know the differences in header design? Any pics? I did do a forum search, but did not find the information. Any other feedback on Hindle would be great...I have had great success with Hindle-based pipes on other bikes. Thanks in advance.

I believe this one is referred to as the 'Hindle Big Pipe', I think because it is a little bit larger diameter than the other one.

As you can tell, I don't know much about it but it seems to make good power and I like it.

100_3100.jpg

I am a Hindle dealer but don't sell them very often. The big tube uses a 2.5" baffle and is rude to the neighbors lol. The other uses a smaller collector pipe and baffle 2.25" and not as loud.

Sean

I am a Hindle dealer but don't sell them very often. The big tube uses a 2.5" baffle and is rude to the neighbors lol. The other uses a smaller collector pipe and baffle 2.25" and not as loud.

Sean

Is there any particular reason to avoid a Hindle? I know that the older ones sat really low in the front, but I thought that had been changed.

Cost is not really a major issue in my selection. But I might sweat a few hp and/or pounds, since I will probably end up taking the bike to the dragstrip (I race as a hobby).

Is there any particular reason to avoid a Hindle? I know that the older ones sat really low in the front, but I thought that had been changed.

Cost is not really a major issue in my selection. But I might sweat a few hp and/or pounds, since I will probably end up taking the bike to the dragstrip (I race as a hobby).

Thats what I thought, the older ones made the power but the over under design caused many "crushed" tubes so they changed them?:ummm:

Correct. I have one of the hard to find older systems for sale and the lower front pipe has had a "repair" done. Not super pretty but even with damaged pipes they still make great power.

I believe this one is referred to as the 'Hindle Big Pipe', I think because it is a little bit larger diameter than the other one.

As you can tell, I don't know much about it but it seems to make good power and I like it.

100_3100.jpg

Nice bike! Do you have any more pictures of the exhaust from different angles??

Back