Hindle with everything else stock?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
So I'm (probably) trying to pick up the hindle that's in the for sale section because it's cheap and close. I've been reading the stock carb setup thread looking and have seen lots of you have Sean's jet kit/airbox mod with a hindle. Is it reasonable to run a hindle 4-1 with stock carbs and some jetting alterations, but no airbox mod? I'm thinking if it flows better but I don't change the box, I'd go leaner. If I go with the muscle kit and keep my stock needles, it looks like I'm going to be in the 160-170 range for (mikuni) mains.

Anyway. Your thoughts are appreciated. It's not like i NEED to spend money, but I don't really feel like passing up a chance for big headers if I can get them.

Just add 147.5 mains for now and it will work just fine.

So I'm (probably) trying to pick up the hindle that's in the for sale section because it's cheap and close. I've been reading the stock carb setup thread looking and have seen lots of you have Sean's jet kit/airbox mod with a hindle. Is it reasonable to run a hindle 4-1 with stock carbs and some jetting alterations, but no airbox mod? I'm thinking if it flows better but I don't change the box, I'd go leaner. If I go with the muscle kit and keep my stock needles, it looks like I'm going to be in the 160-170 range for (mikuni) mains.

Anyway. Your thoughts are appreciated. It's not like i NEED to spend money, but I don't really feel like passing up a chance for big headers if I can get them.

If I remember right....the ONLY time that you need to go to mikuni's in the 160-170 range with stock needles, or stock jetting with DJ needles...AND this is ONLY if your doing a stage 7 kit....or Seans muscle jet kit.

He's killing me, man.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I know.....I know.....I ordered an 18 inch RC wheel from Sean that should be here this week, and I recently bought a used swing arm to use as a core for a braced swing arm.

Sounds good. Now if I can just get a response to work out this deal...

Sorry I didn't get right back with you Dave I had to work today I'm off Monday and Tuesday I think if you clean it up a little or maybe even get it coated you will be happy I had it on my bike last week and yes it does ride a little low I didn't have much problem with that I live in The Colony if you want stop by and check it out its on my bike in my album I think it sounds better than my new VooDoo slashcuts but I wanted duals Dwayne Ware 214-998-3948

Sorry I didn't get right back with you Dave I had to work today I'm off Monday and Tuesday I think if you clean it up a little or maybe even get it coated you will be happy I had it on my bike last week and yes it does ride a little low I didn't have much problem with that I live in The Colony if you want stop by and check it out its on my bike in my album I think it sounds better than my new VooDoo slashcuts but I wanted duals Dwayne Ware 214-998-3948

Cool. We'll figure something out for this week I hope. I wasn't trying to guilt trip you. I was just sitting around by the computer most of the day. I'll call you so we can set up a meeting.

A stock height bike shouldn't be much of a problem with clearance. Just watch out for speed bumps and curbs entering driveways/parking lots.

I didn't have much of a problem with the hindle when I had the bike lowered 1/2" in the rear and 1" up front.
picture.php

Danny, did your pipes ever hit the ground?

Not the ground Dave but every time I drive on the lift it hits, the one pipe hangs very low.

Some chick knocked the bike over last summer and totalled out the can so I fabbed this one from a 12" piece of 4" ID drawn aluminum and some fittings from the exhaust parts bin at the local a/p. It's a bit louder but sounds good.

Attachments

• 100_3362.jpg
    100_3362.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_3364.jpg
    100_3364.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 37
A stock height bike shouldn't be much of a problem with clearance. Just watch out for speed bumps and curbs entering driveways/parking lots.

I didn't have much of a problem with the hindle when I had the bike lowered 1/2" in the rear and 1" up front.
picture.php

I have 11 1/2" shocks which may explain why it hits a little more....stock length shocks and it may not hit at all.

Just add 147.5 mains for now and it will work just fine.

Smaller jets than stock with slip-on mufllers with stock headers : OK since almost are more restrictive than stock mufflers.

But smaller jets with 4-1 headers an straigthru muffler ? Could you explain Sean?

It's the way our carbs work. If the system is evacuating more air, they'll suck more fuel. Reducing the main keeps things from getting rich.

I'm thinking I'll be good with stock height and upgraded suspension. I don't have nearly as much sag as stock.

It's the way our carbs work. If the system is evacuating more air, they'll suck more fuel. Reducing the main keeps things from getting rich.

There is a nonsense, as with more restritive mufflers than stock, main jets need to be reduced too....

What's more restrictive than stock? Unless the header changes, the main difference is sound, not flow.

At least that's how it's been explained to me.

Latest posts

Back