Hit-Air jacket.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waylander said:
Ofcourse to be of any use though you have to land on your back.

Not sure that's true. The air bladder seems to be more like a life preserver. The accidents it would best protect against would be the classic left turner. If you had the presence of mind to steer for the front fender and jump up at the instant of impact to completely clear the car, the jacket would be inflated by the time you hit the ground. For most accidents though, like a lowside, you'd probably slap the pavement in well under 1/2 second.

Also the first time you get off the bike at the biker hangout, while forgetting the lanyard, would be a real moment of uncool. :damn angry:

SPOFF said:
Also the first time you get off the bike at the biker hangout, while forgetting the lanyard, would be a real moment of uncool. :damn angry:

It would be great for all those watching though....lmoa!!!

Yeah, depending on how many beers the onlookers had had, they might think you're like The Amazing Hulk or something. But, yeah, I have enough trouble with brain-fade to remember to put the stand down before I walk away. Heh-heh.

I would have liked to have one of those on when I did an end over end flip into the woods and landed on my back on a creek bank.A helmet too.Might not have got the bruised rims and bump on the head.Flew right between two big trees too.

I did have my Joe Rocket ballistic on.I bought a new Icon mainframe and we be wearing it all the time now.

SPOFF said:
Not sure that's true. The air bladder seems to be more like a life preserver. The accidents it would best protect against would be the classic left turner. If you had the presence of mind to steer for the front fender and jump up at the instant of impact to completely clear the car, the jacket would be inflated by the time you hit the ground. For most accidents though, like a lowside, you'd probably slap the pavement in well under 1/2 second.

I've gone front first into the back end of a car doing that and landed on my feet. If I'de been going any faster than 40 mph when I hit I more than likely would have laded face first.

To me that jacket looks like all the air pockets are in the back with another one for the back of the neck to keep the helmet from hitting the back too hard.

I'de rather have good leathers with full armor and a back protector. Wich is what I ride with.

That jacket reminds me of a joke I heard once.

That putting a wedding ring on a womans finger is like pulling the D-ring on a self inflating life raft.

I've pulled the D-ring twice--never got the raft. One was an inflatable refrigerator, the other was an inflatable dragon. I vowed not to pull it again. I may drown, but at least I'll go down smiling.

Back