HMF 4-2 Carbon Fiber Exhaust on ebay!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you or the manufacturer raps the last wrap of insulation with an aluminum film the burning issue really isn't a problem. When it becomes an issue is when people don't repack them enough.

That being said, Carbon starts to look bad after a while unless you wax it with non silicon containing wax religiously.

I've run the HMF Carbon fiber for several years now.....no problems and they look brand new!

Dale #2592

Well the price has risen to $800 + SH. Very nice exhaust, but for that price you could get a new system from Mark, etc. Carbon cans just are not that important to me.

Side note: wondering if you can still get parts for the HMF system if you needed to replace a piece or two in the future?

Later,
Dan...still on the search for a used aftermarket 4/2 system

$ 835.00 won the system. Anybody here score 'em ? If I were to switch my Kerker , and had the $ , this is the one 4 me.

Kind of kicking myself for not bidding higher on these now. IF anyone hears of any HMF systems for sale anywhere, please send me a PM.

I've run the HMF Carbon fiber for several years now.....no problems and they look brand new!

I've had my HMF carbon fiber can for 2 1/2 years and 13,000 miles. Looks as good as the day I got it. No burning or falling apart.

Dirty DIRT! Ok guys, I need your opinion about something. Last night I talked to this guy Mario Aguiar, a distributor for HMF. By all accounts he's a decent guy, and I had a good chat with him about his pipes. I agreed to purchase a set from him, and put a check in the mail today. Anyway, this set on Ebay is cheaper and the carbon cans are kinda cool. Would I be a real asshole if I ask Mario to cancel my order? He has not placed an order with HMF yet (he's waiting to receive the check, and then he'll wait till it clears), but I am still committed to him. What do u think? Should I just let it go and be happy with what I'm getting, or do you think its alright to ask Mario to cancel?

Dirty DIRT! Ok guys, I need your opinion about something. Last night I talked to this guy Mario Aguiar, a distributor for HMF. By all accounts he's a decent guy, and I had a good chat with him about his pipes. I agreed to purchase a set from him, and put a check in the mail today. Anyway, this set on Ebay is cheaper and the carbon cans are kinda cool. Would I be a real asshole if I ask Mario to cancel my order? He has not placed an order with HMF yet (he's waiting to receive the check, and then he'll wait till it clears), but I am still committed to him. What do u think? Should I just let it go and be happy with what I'm getting, or do you think its alright to ask Mario to cancel?

Talk to Mario about it. Tell him what you just posted, that you are going to try and get a set from Ebay. Keep him in the loop and he will probably be OK with it.

i think if ur straight up with him, he'd understand. I would be at least. people can change their mind, as long as he hasn't cashed the check yet/made the order.

does he have carbon?

I would explain it to him. He 'd might be fine with it. I don't think he makes a whole lot off a single sale. Why can't he get you carbon cans?

Dale #2592

Mario should be able to get carbon cans, as I got my HMF carbon can from him. It might be a little more, but it would be new.

Well...the second ebay auction on this exhaust never went above $500. Seller has relisted a third time with starting price at $750 (with reserve not met) and same $850 buy-it-now.

I went with Mario anyway - 2 year warranty, original packaging, instructions, brackets, etc., and support if I ever do need parts or anything for them

Back