HMF 4-2 Carbon Fiber Exhaust on ebay!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, out of my price range right now. I'll try to sneak some Supertrapp slip ons into the house and onto the Max over the winter :D

How is the ground clearance with these???
Thinking about going to a more balanced look and trading in my 4-1 Kerker
Plus who has these with pics in their gallery so I can take a look?
Cheers

How is the ground clearance with these???
Thinking about going to a more balanced look and trading in my 4-1 Kerker
Plus who has these with pics in their gallery so I can take a look?
Cheers

I have HMF exhaust on my max, they are black with aluminum cans, other than that, they are the same.

Mike

I've been looking for these for a while. I'm thinking seriously about bidding - will I be competing against anyone else on this site?

I'm not bidding, I just bought 17" wheels and radials, there goes my Vmax budget. :confused2:

I am planning on getting 4-2 headers from Mark's Performance next year, and finishing them off with Supertrapp 2.5" baffle superlight stainless 16" mufflers. :eusa_dance:

I'm not bidding, I just bought 17" wheels and radials, there goes my Vmax budget. :confused2:

I am planning on getting 4-2 headers from Mark's Performance next year, and finishing them off with Supertrapp 2.5" baffle superlight stainless 16" mufflers. :eusa_dance:
Best thing I did to my '90 was 17" Lightcons and Michelin Pilot Power tires. Accelerated better, handled better , stopped better. You'll love it all over again.

Best thing I did to my '90 was 17" Lightcons and Michelin Pilot Power tires. Accelerated better, handled better , stopped better. You'll love it all over again.

That's what I am hoping. I got a 17" rear COO wheel off of ebay, as well as the YZF600R Thundercat front wheel. Still waiting for everything to come in. I am going with Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires, 180/55-17 rear and 120/60-17 front. I am a little worried about the COO wheel from ebay, I wasn't able to get very much info about it. The seller is pelican15542, his feedback is excellent and he seems to sell quite a bit of Vmax stuff. Has anyone on here dealt with this seller?

Here is the link to the wheel I bought, looks like there is still one more left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-ma...0368269QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've been looking for these for a while. I'm thinking seriously about bidding - will I be competing against anyone else on this site?

I'm the initial bidder right now...need to get some real exhaust to complement my Stage7 kit so bike runs right.

Dan

what u running now?

I bought the bike with the Stage7 kit & Kerker slipons already installed last fall. A drawn-out family death/being executor has prevented me riding much and properly sorting out the bike this summer...runs OK but has flat spots. Per what I have read here and elsewhere, if I want to run smoothly with Stage7 kit, I really need freer flowing exhaust and a good carb tune.

I love the Kerker sound but...

Dan

yea. dynojet specifically says they don't recommend stg7 for anything but a 'racing' exhaust. for that matter they also say that the stage 7 is for the track only as well, but i'm sure u would never think of using that setup on the street.

Yeah the Vmax CAN NOT run stage 7 and slip-ons. That would be a right bitch to tune.

Stock and slip-ons or go down one on the mains.

HMF is a good system. The only issue I'd have is replacing a part if it becomes messed up.

Marks are only about 950 complete and shipped. Granted he doesn't have Carbon Fiber cans though.

Chris

Yeah the Vmax CAN NOT run stage 7 and slip-ons. That would be a right bitch to tune.

Stock and slip-ons or go down one on the mains.

HMF is a good system. The only issue I'd have is replacing a part if it becomes messed up.

Marks are only about 950 complete and shipped. Granted he doesn't have Carbon Fiber cans though.

Chris

When I was researching different exhausts for my Vmax, I was told several times that I should not use carbon fiber canisters, as the heat produced by the Vmax would cause them to burn. I had been talking to Devil exhaust, and I even think I saw a post on here that someone had that problem with their carbon fiber canisters. I know that Over Racing also sells carbon fiber exhausts for the Vmax and I know both they and HMF are high-end systems, just might be something to consider and ask around about before sinking the $$$ money in the exhaust.

Latest posts

Back