Hole in Clutch Cover From Rear Brake Lever - Repair Options?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I recently bought V-Max #4 (in my lifetime).
Last weekend I discovered some black sealant on the clutch cover just behind the rear brake lever. Apparently the bike had been down before on the right side punching a hole into the clutch cover with the brake lever. The cover itself is discontinued (PN 2HY-15418-00-00), but I found one in the Netherlands for about $90.
Is there an easy, more permanent repair option like aluminum weld or something?

It's #25 in this diagram:

CRANKCASE_COVER_1.png

Seriously? Parts are being discontinued already?! Just past the 10 year mark of last production. Sad

The 93 version was discod.......the 07 one is still able to be ordered.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Remember that most of our parts are interchangeable. Know what the changes are by model year so you can buy a new or used part from any year that fits. Example: front brake calipers the same from 1993-2007, and many other Yamahas have the 100 mm o.c. hole mount spacing, like the early R1.

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/vmaxhistory.htm

Remember that most of our parts are interchangeable. Know what the changes are by model year so you can buy a new or used part from any year that fits. Example: front brake calipers the same from 1993-2007, and many other Yamahas have the 100 mm o.c. hole mount spacing, like the early R1.

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/vmaxhistory.htm

This is a very good tip - thanks also to Traumahawk.
It's bizarre the same part would have a different part number for a different year.
Kind of sheds a whole new light on parts ordering for me!
Thanks again!

The whole clutch cover needs to come off to replace that so you may want to buy #30.

#26 is a reusable rubber gasket. I've found that the one on the stator side swells if exposed to oil and becomes a PIA to fit back on if it swells.

#27 is a rubber grommet that seals the outer cover to the center of the inner cover. It may be suspect if you are experiencing oil weeping past the outer cover.

Latest posts

Back