Holeshot slip on question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misiek93

Reaction score
Hi, I'm found a set of holeshot slip ons that I'm thinking of getting. I tried searching on here for some info on them but mostly what I found was for a full exhaust not just the slip ons. I currently have cobra slip ons and am very happy with them, but this would give me a new look. Does anyone have any info on those?

My carbs and engine are 100% stock and I am not planning to rejet the carbs anytime soon.

Since I know nothing about those any info would be good, are they worth getting?

I found a copule of pictures.

Attachments

• holeshot slipon.jpg
    holeshot slipon.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 24
  • holeshot slipon2.jpg
    holeshot slipon2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 41
If you thought the Cobra's ran well wait until you put those on. Then if you want that much more then get a full system. No jetting is required but smaller mains will make it run even better.

Sean

If you thought the Cobra's ran well wait until you put those on. Then if you want that much more then get a full system. No jetting is required but smaller mains will make it run even better.

Sean
I've read about the smaller jets. 147.5 if I rememer correctly? how much for the smaller jets? and do I have to mess with the needles at all if replace the jets?

Jardine made the Holeshot slip-ons and they are nice and fairly quiet. Had a set on my 95 years ago. No longer made for several years now. A friend has my 95 and the Jardines are still on it. I left the stock carbs settings on it till recently when I overhauled the carbs for my friend and changed from 152.5 to 150 main jets. He hasn't ridden it much yet to get a feel for the change.

I just put my Hole Shot slip-ons back on my '95 in place of my Supertrapps. I like them. They sound pretty good and are not very loud. Have a nice growl. I'll see if I can put up a video clip here shortly.

I've had Holeshots for about 6 years now and I love them. I bought the bike with them on and I have a Stage 7. I do have the full exhaust and I'll tell you it does make a difference. You can call Dale Walker at any time and he can send you all the info you need including HP comparisons. Had my bike spun and it will crank 125 RWHP at sea level.

Enjoy,
Darren

Well, looks like the add is gone and I can't get a hold of the seller. So it doesn't look like I'll be getting those after all, but thanks for everyone's input.

Well, looks like the add is gone and I can't get a hold of the seller. So it doesn't look like I'll be getting those after all, but thanks for everyone's input.

We'll find you a set. It's just a matter of time............be patient........

Back