Holeshot slip-ons??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbybob

Reaction score
I just aquired a set of holeshot slip-ons for the ole 85 for a cheap price,and was wondering if anyone up here had ever heard of them before? Ive got them mounted up,and the power seems good,and its always good to shed some weight,..but i cant say that im very happy with the sound of them. Kinda sounds like its underwater...lol.:rofl_200:

The early Holeshot slip-ons were made by Hindle and rebadged for him.

Sean

I think they're a fairly common kind of slipon.....my bike came with them and heard lots of others that have them as well. They're fairly light cans, probably save a good 20lbs or so from the stock muffler which is a total brick.

Power is negligible with slip-ons, but at least the Holeshots don't kill it from stock like the Cobras. Rejetting to 147.5 mains seemed to crispen up the top end a bit on mine, which had the stock 150's in it. The p/o dyno'd the bike, with holeshots and a not-so-great setup with the stage 1 kit it spun a 114.5hp....or pretty much exactly stock. I've since fiddled with it and it seems to overall run better, so maybe it's up to 115 now. It's splitting hairs.

You could probably modify the cans to be shorter if you wanted to, which would make them louder. Diameter of the opening has the biggest effect on noise, but length of the can makes a difference too, longer being quieter.

Oh well,for 100 bucks,im not gonna complain too much,But the bubbling sound has got to GO!....mods i see in future near!

The early Holeshot slip-ons were made by Hindle and rebadged for him.

Sean

I have an early set by Hindle on mine. Myself & others think it sounds "pretty good"....deosn't sound like bubbling though (still want a Mark's SOON).........Just a bit of extra noise, not overbearing and NO performance increase.....but i'm OK with it.........for now....

A local friend had a set on his for a long time before he broke down and put the full system on and realized the bikes potential. They are louder then stock and that's what a lot of people want. They were well made and nothing wrong with them at all. Just not what I would normally want for myself (since I know what they can have with a full header).

Sean

Didn't Jardine make slip-ons for Holeshot at one time?

" A government which robs Peter to pay Paul , can always depend on the support of Paul. "

Also it would make Peter sore and who wants a sore Peter??? :rofl_200:

Back