Holy Diaphragm..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I went through last night and troubleshot my 89's left front carb. The plug was looking a little strange. The top 1/16" of the insulator was white and the rest was black. All of the other plugs are rich, Eventually I'll change the main jets. I'm kinda taking a break and getting some riding in while Florida actually has some sun showing and may get into the low 70's.

I had installed what I thought was a better diaphragm in that carb because the one that was in there when I bought it was tightened down while part of it was out of the groove. Turns out the one I installed had a small crack or cut in it. Looks huge with the light shining through it but not really visible without the light. It pays to check your diaphragms with a flashlight before re-assembly. The one that originally came out has been sitting in a cup on a shelf and shrunk. It didn't have any holes in it, just creases. I sprayed it with WD then dried off the edge and the bell of the carb. I used blue painters tape to hold the diaphragm in the slot on all 4 sides. I pushed the cover against the tape, then pulled each side of the tape out one by one, installed the screws and all was good.

I synced the carbs and had it out for a ride today, Still rich even with DPR7EA-9's in but it runs good.. I'm not sure what the A/R Ratio is but I would guess 11 or 12 to 1 ???

Attachments

• Holy Diaphragm.jpg
    Holy Diaphragm.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 21
Back