Holy helmet shock, Batman!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
So I've been out of the motorcycle loop for 5-6 years and recently got back into the game. I grabbed a shorty lid with my Vmax because I was just going to be puttering around town and the last time I bought a Shoei full face I remember it being kinda pricey.

Now, I prefer a full lid, and I'm going to be upping my freeway time so today I went shopping for one, bearing in mind that, as I recall, they were kinda pricy.

Heh.

heh, heheheheh, HA!

Holy crap man. I've always had Shoei, but have used a borrowed Arai on occasion, always wanted one, so I went out and bought an Arai Corsair (Jolly Roger GFX).

Man, Maybe this makes me an old-timer, but I've bought motorcycles for less than that.... more than one of em, back in the great old days of the $1 / CC universal Japanese motorcycle.

I like the new lid. Comfy, looks sharp. Faceshield fogs up at stops, like every faceshield in the last 50yrs despite all the MFR claims to the contrary. It's, you know, nice. But jesus.... I made a short list of things I could have bought for the same money.

A nice handgun.
A budget 4-1 exhaust system.
about half a mortgage payment.
New tires all around for the Accord.
A really hot callgirl.
A whole set of carbs.

I could go on..... Yow, what happened while my back was turned? Last I checked a top of the line helmet was $300. Pffffft.

I'm gonna go put a tourniquet on my wallet now. Seems to be bleeding.

I HAD A $500 SHOEI FOR YEARS , BUT THE WIND NOISE WAS EXSESSIVE , SO I JUST BOUGHT A SIMPSON FURY , ALOT QUIETER & LIGHTER ! AND THE FIT IS GREAT FOR MY BIG EGG HEAD !:rofl_200:

I HAD A $500 SHOEI FOR YEARS , BUT THE WIND NOISE WAS EXSESSIVE , SO I JUST BOUGHT A SIMPSON FURY , ALOT QUIETER & LIGHTER ! AND THE FIT IS GREAT FOR MY BIG EGG HEAD !:rofl_200:

After seeing COP's helmet I had to have one, so wifey bought me one for Christmas. It came 2 days ago, I was allowed to try it on to verify size, then had to put it back in the box and wait till 12/25!
I will show the appropriate surprise, of course!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
They are definitely a nice helmet.

I'm in the same boat as you Noxx! I have a "cheap" AGV in my street/stip car that isnt' that fast (traps 115 mph), and wanted a better helmet when i get my bike, but c'mon $400-$600+ is insane, they can't possible be that much better. I might just get another AGV.

but c'mon $400-$600+ is insane, they can't possible be that much better. I might just get another AGV.

That's the rub, they "are" that much better, at least I know the Arai's are. Really quiet and comfy. I bought mine of the shelf without doing any online deal shopping so I spilled seven bills on it. It's light years ahead of my old Shoei, but still..... quite the kidney punch to the ol' bank card.

i nabbed a shoei x-11 kiyonari from a guy on ebay for $300 very light but i have not rode with it yet to find out the wind noise. i have a old shoei rf700 little heavy but fairly quiet.
Chris :hippy biker:

I'm guessing that I am one of the few that wears a beanie helmet rather than a full face. Anybody else?

Mike

I made the Stealership throw in my full face Fulmer in the deal. I don't buy a new bike if they won't throw in the helmet for free. I could have got 2 of them, but my girlfriend kept saying "I'll NEVER ride that thing with you!" over and over again...:bang head:

22 hours later...:rocket bike: She is wearing MY new helmet as we are flying down the highway!

I'm guessing that I am one of the few that wears a beanie helmet rather than a full face. Anybody else?

Mike

I'll wear a beanie around town, but that's a recent development for me. I've been an almost exclusively full-lid guy.

I had been using a 'brain bucket' mostly although I do have a KBC full face that I wear once in a while. Just yesterday I bought a new Fulmer 3/4 helmet as I wanted more protection than the half helmet offered. I'm really happy with it, it fits good, and is actually quieter than the 1/2 helmet. I'm not convinced that the more expensive helmets are any better than the cheaper ones. The most expensive helmet I've had was a Roof Boxer, that was a nice helmet, and I will eventually get another one now that they've added some vents to it.

-MikeS

yea more than likely it will make some noise will all the vents but it sure is pretty!!! lol
Chris

I wear a 3/4 Caberg Downtown Reverso. I like it for around town, but not so great for the freeway cause it is way too loud and lifts at high speed. I also have a KBC VR1 for when I know I will be riding longer on the freeway.

I wear a Scorpion EXO 700. Best helmet I've owned. Not much wind noise and never had a problem with fogging. I wear the same helmet riding my snowmobiles and still no fogging. Great helmet for the money. $180.00

Latest posts

Back