Home Built... Lets see the home built bikes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
Stopped at Starting Line this afternoon to see if they had a chance to start the work on Woona, and I saw this bike pull in.

10360843_10204026156869586_2228567164578822421_n.jpg

Well, to some, they may see one FUGLY MO-FO, but I see a home built bike, and to me, that makes it a thing of beauty. And it has some interesting touches. He used the engine, turbo and wheels (as well as a few other components I believe) from a Yamaha Seca-II

10710685_10204026157469601_90075677994547174_n.jpg

The headlight came from a Polaris ATV. The mounting appears to be fabricated himself. And he does have turn signals. TINY little ones, but some vehicle inspector must have thought them sufficent lol. Check out how the handlebars are mounted. Bolted to the forks like clipon bars, but with the pullback of cruiser bars. His instruments, a tiny little speedo and three indicators on a custom mount.

10646715_10204026158349623_2330787765494151210_n.jpg

The pegs he machine himself. I wish I had gotten a better pic of the rear fender struts, cause thats another piece of homemade craftsmanship I like. I thought that he used some machined masonart drill bits, but they are from a rotary pump from the ship he works on. And check out the crazy exhaust plumbing! Things a complete setup with a wastegate and the works. I cannot imagine how long it took to weld all that up. Thats feeding four Mikuni carbs. Don't know how long he took to tune it, but a blow-through setup is known for being more difficult to keep in proper tune. And the bike runs smooth!

Kudos for making your own ride!

Anyone else have or have seen some homemade rides they wanna share?

Seca II is a 4 cyl 600 normally-aspirated built much-later than the Seca 650 Turbo.

Always interesting to see the Frankenstein bikes. I have a pic I'll post later I took at Daytona of an XS-650 Yamaha twin recumbent which has very-little frame!

The rat bikes are also interesting in a dirty-way.

Yes, it's using most of the parts from an 82 or 83 Seca Turbo (I still have mine which was my first bike). They were blow through setups from the factory.

A local friend took one of my parts bikes and worked it up. Looks a hell of a lot cleaner then that sucker does.

Sean

Seca II is a 4 cyl 600 normally-aspirated built much-later than the Seca 650 Turbo.

Always interesting to see the Frankenstein bikes. I have a pic I'll post later I took at Daytona of an XS-650 Yamaha twin recumbent which has very-little frame!

The rat bikes are also interesting in a dirty-way.

Yes, it's using most of the parts from an 82 or 83 Seca Turbo (I still have mine which was my first bike). They were blow through setups from the factory.

A local friend took one of my parts bikes and worked it up. Looks a hell of a lot cleaner then that sucker does.

Sean
I wanna see pics!

I tried to find them but didn't have any luck! No digital cameras back in the day when I was actually riding my seca. I do have it dug out of the lean to and at another friends who is cleaning it up (in trade for the previously mentioned parts bike). Plans are to build a hybrid FZR1000/Maxim/Seca motor and boost the hell out of it. Goal is simply 200rwhp which should be very easy to achieve.

Sean

Back