Homemade Nitrous Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
OK, I guess I have too much time on my hands. When I had the welder out to fab my backrest I cut a fire extinguisher in half & rewelded the cap on top. Then I drilled & tapped 2 holes to 1/4" NPT & installed a 4000 psi gauge ( permanently stuck at 1400 psi - perfect) to one port & an industrial propane hose terminal to the other port. I bought some cheap NOS stickers on ebay & applied one after painting the tank blue. Obviously this is not a working nitrous system - it's just for looks. OMG you cant belive the people that stop & stare at my bike. Just like Lankee said in one of his posts, people look at it like it's the freakin' space shuttle. " Dude - it'a a freaking VMAX already - do you really need nitrous on it? " LOL I'm having the time of my life - I can park next to 20 bikes & MINE is the one getting all the looks. I've never run nitrous on anything in my life so I've been studying the subject on this site & the web just so I can BS the average bear. Total cost - 2.95 for the paint. It's gonna be a great summer. I know the real racers think this is lame - that's OK with me. 99.9 percent of the people I run across don't know the diff, so I'm gonna ham it up big time. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• nos001 (Medium).jpg
    nos001 (Medium).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 78
  • nos002 (Medium).jpg
    nos002 (Medium).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 60
  • backrest 001 (Medium).jpg
    backrest 001 (Medium).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 53
So true! Its the only reason I keep my bottle on to this day. I havent sprayed since last March.
But I just like the reactions I get from people either it be in the parking lot of a Walmart or just driving down the road and people look,., kids point and stare I just like it..
Since the VMAX isnt really all that impressive in handling and power atleast I get the WOW! from the exhaust sound and the Nitrous Bottle.. I guess thats the only reason I keep my VMAX

I think it's GREAT!!! You had posted a pic of your bike somewhere else on the forum...the $10 dollar backrest, that's where!! I saw the bottle right away and thought...."I didn't know Rich had Nitrous, that's pretty cool!"

Heh!! Ya got ME bro!!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Nothing wrong with that Lankee....I just like to hear them say..."Hey there's a v max!!! What's that old fuck doing on a v max!!!"

I think it's GREAT!!! You had posted a pic of your bike somewhere else on the forum...the $10 dollar backrest, that's where!! I saw the bottle right away and thought...."I didn't know Rich had Nitrous, that's pretty cool!"

Heh!! Ya got ME bro!!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Nothing wrong with that Lankee....I just like to hear them say..."Hey there's a v max!!! What's that old fuck doing on a v max!!!"
Thats funny, I thought the vmax was made for old fucks like us.:rofl_200::rofl_200:
How often do you see a young guy driving a hot rod on a Sunday ???:confused2:
L.O.L.
<<Dave>>

Noticed that right away in the backrest thread.... thinking "Has Rich installed a NOS setup on there?" Nawwww!! Well....maybe!

Even Aunt Phloozie noticed it when I was showing her the backrest pics!

It ain't easy to 'joke' a Joker...but'cha got me Bud! Well done!

U P

summer's coming, you will need to put that handle back on your garden hose faucet.

:rofl_200: Now that was some funny shit! Sorry Rich but he has a point about the garden hose faucet. I would have said something but figured you were in your glory with your idea.

Cant ya get a kitchen faucet clear knob instead,, just act dumb when the wife starts yelling "WTF where is my kitchen faucet) Hell use the cold water one it has a blue marking on it..

But yeah that it is a bit tacky IMO

Good call guys - I put the handle back on my garden hose & stole a real one from my old welding tank. Now I look ever realer & Wifey can wash my truck...:rofl_200:

Attachments

• newhandle (Medium).jpg
    newhandle (Medium).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 25
Looks good, real authentic.

Like Donn, I havent' sprayed since last year. I sold my big setup to a friend and re-installed my NOS setup. Even though both my bottles are empty, I still have them attached.

Last year I had a gsxr750 pull up next to me at a stoplight gunning his engine and starting to get into a launch stance.

I reached down and opened the two empty bottles. It was funny cause he then waved me off then pulled away from the stoplight real slow.

I need to find me a new supplier this year since my old one moved.

Last year I had a gsxr750 pull up next to me at a stoplight gunning his engine and starting to get into a launch stance.

I reached down and opened the two empty bottles. It was funny cause he then waved me off then pulled away from the stoplight real slow.

Brilliant! That's just too funny - Rich you gotta try this m8 - I hope your stopcock is operational LOL :rofl_200:

Brilliant! That's just too funny - Rich you gotta try this m8 - I hope your stopcock is operational LOL :rofl_200:

It is, and my T-Boost switch is located just above it in the left steering neck cover, so I'm ready to " throw the switch " and nitrous their ass's off at any red light. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back