Honda dual clutch for the next V4 VFR 2010

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother has a 1987 VFR and the resonance between my V4 on my Max and his bike is mind blowing. Im eager to see a new V4 on the block.

Me too! The new VFR1200 is supposed to be very close to the '09 Vmax in torque and horsepower and 500 cc less in displacement! It's cool how they did the cams and crankshaft...it makes for a thinner profile.

The dual clutch is really impressive. I was surprise how smooth is the transition between the gears. After even if i'm not a great fan of the automatic mode, I can already think how it will be helpful when you get caught in heavy traffic. Something I will love to try.

Honda seems to be on his way to implement it on few 2010 models. Hope some others might follow the path :)

Really interesting tech there but I'm still a caveman and wouldn't want that on my bike for 2 reasons. 1. Banging thru the gears is half the fun. 2. I would be afraid to tear it apart and have to work on it. Seems like it would be complicated.

I'm a typical human, afraid of change. Unless it creates extra HP, LOL.

I tried the FJR auto and even just shifting without using the clutch lever is weird. It might have it's place for some riders but I prefer to shift the normal way.
Honda definatly has a interesting bike, I hope the don't use it as a platform to showcase all sorts of gadgetry. I think it should be able to stand on it's own merit from what I've seen. Time will tell.:confused2:

I'm also eager to see a new BIG V4 out there, I cut my street teeth on the V65's and haven't owned anthing except a V4 bike since, till the xR650 came along...kudo's to Honda

Honda pioneered the V4 bike, but Yamaha perfected it with the Vmax.

My V30 Magna got me set on having another V4 motorcycle. That 500cc V4 would keep up with 1700cc H-D's, and was a very quick bike....the motor redlined at 11,500 RPM as well. Not a hint of vibration at any RPM, and it always ran, well, like a Honda. Never a lick of trouble. I know the V30 was discontinued due to poor sales, it was too far in the shadow of it's big brother the V65 for anybody to really care or notice.

The Honda V-4's still have quite a following at v4hondabbs.com, I have an account there and still check in every so often.

It'll be interesting to see what Honda cooks up for a new V4- could they snatch the title for muscle cruiser back from Yamaha after 24 years? Honda did hold it originally when the V65 came out, only for a couple years though.

Honda pioneered the V4 bike, but Yamaha perfected it with the Vmax.

My V30 Magna got me set on having another V4 motorcycle. That 500cc V4 would keep up with 1700cc H-D's, and was a very quick bike....the motor redlined at 11,500 RPM as well. Not a hint of vibration at any RPM, and it always ran, well, like a Honda. Never a lick of trouble. I know the V30 was discontinued due to poor sales, it was too far in the shadow of it's big brother the V65 for anybody to really care or notice.

The Honda V-4's still have quite a following at v4hondabbs.com, I have an account there and still check in every so often.

It'll be interesting to see what Honda cooks up for a new V4- could they snatch the title for muscle cruiser back from Yamaha after 24 years? Honda did hold it originally when the V65 came out, only for a couple years though.

always good to have competition but long live the max...:punk:

Latest posts

Back