honda hoot in tennessee? dragons tail?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slg888

Reaction score
anyone ever been? this will be my 2nd year. live in fl, but have a lake home in tenn because I really enjoy riding there. also riding at deals gap. ever rode the dragons tail?

anyone ever been? this will be my 2nd year. live in fl, but have a lake home in tenn because I really enjoy riding there. also riding at deals gap. ever rode the dragons tail?

I've been to the tail twice. Once with my SV and the other time just last January with a BMW 335I that I was taking to FL.

I think the 335 was more fun as my crash meter wasn't bouncing off the pin on the right side of the dial as much...:biglaugh:

Great fun!

Enjoy.

On a trip from Dallas to the Outer Banks, I did the Gap on my 95 V-Max. Was fun and can be intense. The Max handled it fine as all the corners were relatively low speed. Probably didn't use more than two gears for most of the ride. However, try to time the ride for middle of the week and from early morning to early afternoon to avoid the traffic. Not fun with normal traffic plus a lot of bikes and cars racing around. I was lucky and hit minimal traffic. While you are there, try to ride the Blue Ridge Trail too, at least for a while. It is a great ride also in a less intense way.

Wish I had a Gixxer for this run, no way will you catch me on the tail with my "Frame flexing wobbler" :rofl_200:
Its a great ride for those that like the twisties about a 250 mile trip for me.

Wish I had a Gixxer for this run, no way will you catch me on the tail with my "Frame flexing wobbler" :rofl_200:
Its a great ride for those that like the twisties about a 250 mile trip for me.
The old Max will probably twist and fall over just looking at a road like that :deadhorse: "get up max" lol

Some pics from January... :punk:

We made it through the gap VERY fast...:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Deals Gap 335I#5.jpg
    Deals Gap 335I#5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Deals Gap 335I #8.jpg
    Deals Gap 335I #8.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Deals Gap 335I#1.jpg
    Deals Gap 335I#1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 16
nice car! handles the deals gap turns good?

It had 1200 or so miles on it and it did fabulous! It has a 3 liter straight six with twin turbos. It has about 300bhp so it shits and gets. We stayed on 129 and headed South to jump back on 75 and as it got dark we hit another stretch that was fabulous. The headlights (as many new cars do) follow the wheels and what a HUGE difference that made. You could see every corner before entering it.

129 ROCKS! :punk:

i took my max to the gap 2yrs ago all i can say is awesome!!:biglaugh: as far as the max on this road it worked great i had no problems keeping up with most sport bikes riding 8/10s :punk:. i htink i stayed in 3rd most of the time. it rains alot there so be prepared. the cherohala is great too it is big sweepers and low traffic elevation climbs to around 5000 ft so may have carb issues:ummm:

i took my max to the gap 2yrs ago all i can say is awesome!!:biglaugh: as far as the max on this road it worked great i had no problems keeping up with most sport bikes riding 8/10s :punk:. i htink i stayed in 3rd most of the time. it rains alot there so be prepared. the cherohala is great too it is big sweepers and low traffic elevation climbs to around 5000 ft so may have carb issues:ummm:
I have rode my Vmax from 600ft to over 8000 ft in the same day and it actualy had no carb issues.

I rode the tail of the dragon last friday and saturday on my fathers 02 Suzuki VStrom 1000. my Max was having problems and im actualy glad i didnt bring it because i would have ground the pegs to little nubs! prior to the trip we switched out the duel sportish tires with proper road rubber and it handled awsome! But i did see some one with a big cruiser go off the road, the driver was thrown clear but the passenger got wraped around a tree, messing up her hip and legs. no cell service up there but there are lots of cops! other than that, was a blast to ride and i reccomend it to anyone who wants to drag hard parts at 30 mph.

why does your Vmax grind the pegs? I have never ground mine when a bunch of people I ride with have ground theres.

The Dragon is OK but he Cherohola Skyway is the real beauty IMO.

I love both..but the skyway is phenomenal. I have been to Deals Gap 10 times, I go at least once every year and I started that in 2001. I have never been there on anything but a crotch rocket...well one year it was on my pimped out GS500 and you can't touch that at the gap because of its corner speed.

Anyways I would like to go on the Max and yes you will drag hard parts everywhere there. I drag hard parts everywhere I go ride the twisties. My pegs are worn to a 45ish degree angle, my center stand is squared of where it curves up to meet your foot and my stock exhaust guards have some mean scrapes in them. I love it! It is an awesome feeling. It took a little while to get used to at first but I was used to draggin a knee and pegs on sportbikes all the time too. When that center stand hits on the left side it is a bit noisy and nerve wrecking at first. Now when I first touch down instead of adjusting I just stick it until I feel the rear get more squirelly than it already is then I adjust. My Max is bone stock and I can not wait to upgrade it with those handling and power upgrades that are out there. I ride the shit out of it now and it flexes, bucks, slides, and brakes loose. I can't wait to see how much better I can make it. This thing blows my mind when I ride it....

hmmm I have Holeshot exhaust which gives you more clerance then stock exhaust. Plus I removed the center stand. Guess I need to lean it over more.

Back