Honda Magna

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adambweird

Reaction score
So I get to work today and as soon as I walk in a kid on day shift comes over to me and says he wants to race for pinks. I asked what he had and hes running a V45 Magna! I told him I'd do it but not for pinks, he spent too much time restoring it and I didnt want to take his bike, lol.

^ Exactly,
race him for a beer or whatever but no reason to take the poor kids bike from him.

I think I would be looking for a NOS bottle if I were you! (On his bike)

Race him for pinks then show him a Vmax listing so he can get a proper bike, hand him back the slip with the instruction he has to trade it towards a Vmax :rofl_200:

I used to have a hopped up CB900F ------ With 750F side covers. It was painfull for many of the 600's at the time:eusa_dance:
Lew

Last edited:
In this age youd think he do some reading about what he wants to race, lol. I guess hes seen my max in the parking lot and has a hardon for it, lol. Ill tell him ill do it for a beer. Kids got much to learn! The funniest part of the whole deal is the kids around 5'8" and around 350lbs. Im only 230 lbs n 6'3", no chance!

.......and on race day, as you hear him fire his V45, you realize with sudden fear, the sound of his nitro methane igniting...........

Is this to be a drag race or road race? I have both a '94 Magna VF750C and an '85 VMax. In a drag race it's the Max, no contest. However, the Magna handles the twisties a lot better than the Max. I sometimes think I can go faster through a twisty section on the Magna. Depends on how many tight turns and how much straightaway in a given section.

I would race him just for fun and let him win just by a 1/2 bike. To give him something to talk about I did that a few times last year.

:rofl_200:

I would race him just for fun and let him win just by a 1/2 bike. To give him something to talk about I did that a few times last year.

:rofl_200:

Much better to beat them by a 1/2 length or so.......keeps 'em coming back for another try after they do a little this or that to their bike. :hihi:

Its gonna b a straight drag race in the industrial park we work in. Got a perfect strip right infront of the shop.

I would race him for pinks and keep his bike. Then post it for sale on the company bulletin board, cheap or best offer, then sell it back to him for case of beer or something.

Bless that kids heart! A co-worker at my new job challenged me to a drag race the other day. My '93 VMax vs his Roadliner.:confused2:

Latest posts

Back